1 (edited by hklown 2011-08-26 22:40)

Topic: [Release] Disable URL BBcode

disable_url_tag

In response to this request.

This extension disables the use of the URL bbcode for non-administrators and non-moderators (moderators can only post links in forums that they moderate however). URLs will only be auto-parsed (if that feature is enabled) if the user is an administrator/moderator.

If a user uses the url bbcode in their posts and is not an admin/mod, it will remain as part of the post but not render in to a hyperlink when viewing the topic. If the last person to edit a post is an admin/mod, URLs will render in to hyperlinks.

Download v1.0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?ggze6o6f7lnwru8

Re: [Release] Disable URL BBcode

really usefull

hklown, thank you so very, very much for taking the time to write this extension. Words cannot express the gratitude for it. It's absolutely perfect! Thank you! I hope many other forum admins will find it useful.

Just one minor tweak possibility (otherwise it's great!). If you search for a user's recent posts, the hyperlink will show up in the recent posts (eg: search-posts-user). Not sure if this is fixable or not.

5 (edited by hklown 2011-08-26 02:08)

Yeah that can probably be addressed. I'll do that sometime tomorrow.

6 (edited by hklown 2011-08-26 22:42)

joejoe wrote:

Just one minor tweak possibility (otherwise it's great!). If you search for a user's recent posts, the hyperlink will show up in the recent posts (eg: search-posts-user). Not sure if this is fixable or not.

Okay, should be fixed when viewing user's posts and just in search results in general. If you have any problems, let me know. (Updated download link is in the OP).

Looks like it's fixed! Works great. Thanks hklown.