Re: [release] SFS Antispam

JanMichaels wrote:

How can the reporting back of a person listed by their own service be an "innocent" person if they've already been reported to SFS and the person reporting back is using SFS's own database?

I agree with that logic, the chances of same username with same ip confirmed as spammer 1 month ago at forum x being innocent on forum y today are negligible... but as Justice states can't fight their ToS, maybe just draw their attention to the illogical part...

One can't put too much confidence in the whole sfs system anyway as some spammers have moved a step ahead:
People can set up xrumer et al to change username on each and every registration - if I report user ramadan1 with IP  xxx.xxx.xxx.101 and 1 second later user ramadan2 registers on your forum with same IP he'll slip through and post the spam/link etc. The only things that mostly stays the same is the evidence (URL link).... [That's why I'd though of the URL checking system... but that has flaws too] Considering blocks of 10k "clean" IPs are purchased and the name generator does the above... the task turns neverending...

Version 1.3 is up and includes bug fixes and some new features requested by KeyDog and rbma. See changelog and screenshots for details. I have not done extensive testing on this version, so please report any issues you find.

In sfs_add function, registered value should be the current timestamp. A spammer that registered 60 days ago and got reported today would not be listed in "Blocked spammers" report due to pruning based on the initial registered timestamp.

In "Blocked spammers" report, apply html encoding to the outputted data.

rbma wrote:

In sfs_add function, registered value should be the current timestamp. A spammer that registered 60 days ago and got reported today would not be listed in "Blocked spammers" report due to pruning based on the initial registered timestamp.

Well the field is called "registered" and I intended it to store the date the spammer registered or attempted to register, so that's why I use the actual registration date. But I suppose I could just rename the field to "added" so that the current timestamp will always be appropriate.

rbma wrote:

In "Blocked spammers" report, apply html encoding to the outputted data.

Thanks.

I get an error after installation of the latest version (just downloaded) in the functions file:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in punbb\extensions\sfs_antispam\functions.php on line 2

It's because of the default argument time() I didn't think you could use a function as a default argument?

Running on php v5.2.11 and v5.3.0, has anyone else experienced this?

31 (edited by Justice 2011-11-02 19:40)

SiCo wrote:

I get an error after installation of the latest version (just downloaded) in the functions file:
Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in punbb\extensions\sfs_antispam\functions.php on line 2
It's because of the default argument time() I didn't think you could use a function as a default argument?
Running on php v5.2.11 and v5.3.0, has anyone else experienced this?

Right you are. I didn't get the error on my local environment, but saw it on one of my servers. I'll get a new release out today.

Just curious, are people using this extension and happy with it? It does everything I need, so I'm going to be winding down development on it now. Thanks to all those who provided feedback!  smile

EDIT: 1.4 is now up, and fixes this issue.

Hello,

I've got a problem since I've installed PunBB 1.4.
When I delete a registered user it remains visible as "Newest registered user: " on the main page.
The only way I've found to get rid of it is to reinstall the SFS Antispam 1.4 extension.
Did I miss something ?

Thanks a lot for your work.

Its a small bug in forum not realted to extension.
Info about user updated once in 30 minutes.

I'm about to test this extension in PunBB 1.4
We're having so much spammer in there so I need this even though it ain't tested with 1.4.

I wonder though, when this is installed isn't there supposed to be a reference to this extension anywhere?
No other scripts at all have been changed so how can the system know about it?

I know it's a nutty question, but I gotta ask 'cos I'm curious tongue

dimkalinux wrote:

Its a small bug in forum not realted to extension.
Info about user updated once in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the info

Millennium wrote:

We're having so much spammer in there so I need this even though it ain't tested with 1.4.

I wonder though, when this is installed isn't there supposed to be a reference to this extension anywhere?

If you must upgrade to PunBB 1.4, then I would recommend using the PunBB Fancy Stop Spam extension. It seems that the PunBB team is encouraging people to use their in-house developed extensions, and as far as I know, they have not provided documentation for extension developers to update their extensions to support 1.4.

Justice, look at http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/141826/#p141826 or found us on our IRC channel if you need help about PunBB 1.4.

dimkalinux wrote:

Justice, look at http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/141826/#p141826 or found us on our IRC channel if you need help about PunBB 1.4.

Thanks. I have read that thread, but I don't see any information about what changes are needed for extensions to be compatible with 1.4. Will these be documented somewhere?

39 (edited by Millennium 2011-11-12 22:01)

Must? Is there a problem with this version?
I thought this was the latest working, not beta thingy so I chosed that.
is 1.3.6 better? if so, why?

Justice wrote:
Millennium wrote:

If you must upgrade to PunBB 1.4, then I would recommend using the PunBB Fancy Stop Spam extension. It seems that the PunBB team is encouraging people to use their in-house developed extensions, and as far as I know, they have not provided documentation for extension developers to update their extensions to support 1.4.

Millennium wrote:

Must? Is there a problem with this version?
I thought this was the latest working, not beta thingy so I chosed that.
is 1.3.6 better? if so, why?

I didn't mean to imply that you should not use 1.4, but only that most third-party developer extensions have not been tested to work with 1.4 yet, and there were some changes to the way extensions work in 1.4, so you're kind of in uncharted territory if you do. Hence my recommendation to use the PunBB developed extension. smile

OK, got it, thx.

I went another way on this though, instead of this I installed reCAPTCHA and so far it works.
The spammers are so far none at all, but I think we still got lots of old accounts in there that they can use.
There might be some accounts that might seem weird but at least they gotta be manually added but not so many smile

Back to my other first question;
When installing these addons how will it reference it since no other scripts are changed?

Millennium wrote:

Back to my other first question;
When installing these addons how will it reference it since no other scripts are changed?

The way the PunBB extension system works, it examines the extensions directory for valid extensions with a manifest.xml file. Any it finds will be available to install through your forum administration. More information can be found in the wiki here.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: http_build_query() in [forumrootremoved]\profile.php(653) : eval()'d code on line 19

I just received this error when I tried to submit the spammer's details to SFS.com. Any idea what's up?

PS: I was surprised to see that a Chinese spammer made it past my reCaptcha extension. *grumble*

44 (edited by Justice 2011-11-26 17:11)

Huuuze wrote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: http_build_query() in [forumrootremoved]\profile.php(653) : eval()'d code on line 19

I just received this error when I tried to submit the spammer's details to SFS.com. Any idea what's up?

PS: I was surprised to see that a Chinese spammer made it past my reCaptcha extension. *grumble*

The http_build_query function requires PHP 5. Are you running PHP 4? I didn't realize PunBB supported PHP 4, so I didn't worry about using PHP functions that were introduced in version 5.

Justice, I can confirm this extension works on PunBB 1.4.1.

<id>sfs_antispam</id>
    <title>SFS Antispam</title>
    <version>1.4.1</version>
    <description>Prevents known spammers from registering.</description>
    <author>Justice</author>

<minversion>1.3</minversion>
    <maxtestedon>1.4.1</maxtestedon>

An improvement idea.
I recently reported a spammer and minutes later I received an email from your extension on another forum, telling me an attempt had been blocked;

Is there a way of integrating the
- last seen information
- if IP or email were reason for report?

Thanks.

Is there any way to remove someone from blocked spammers list? (other than directly editing the database)

From the initial results, it seems like this extension is a lifesaver for us at http://forum.driverpacks.net! thank you very much! smile

It's been awhile since I checked in here. KeyDog, are you still using this extension on 1.4.1? If so, I'll look into including last seen information and specifying whether the match was on IP or email. I need to upgrade my forums first (I'm still on 1.3.6). Hopefully the process isn't too painful. wink

Installed v1.4 10/30/12 at 11:09 PM and I just "got one" tongue
Sofar very good to have this smile

Please keep this alive big_smile big_smile