Topic: V1.4 ERROR: Unknown column u.avatar in field list Errno:1054

Hi, after I use (fatcow) simple script to update to V1.4. I noticed that when I click on any topic/posts on my forum. I get this error:

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 324 in /hermes/web11c/b1424/moo.skng82/viewtopic.php

Database reported: Unknown column 'u.avatar' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054).

How can i fix this?

scambreak.com

Re: V1.4 ERROR: Unknown column u.avatar in field list Errno:1054

From what version you upgrade?
What type of database you use?

Hi, I update from 1.3.6 to 1.4.0 using simplescripts. I only encounter this error today after update. Everything was working fine before that.

Database: Auto setup when i install the script from fatcow. (MYSQL database)

dimkalinux wrote:

From what version you upgrade?
What type of database you use?

What is simplescripts?

Seems like your DB revert to 1.3.6 version or not to be updated.

5 (edited by dimkalinux 2011-11-09 18:54)

Can you make a query for your forum database? If u can - make this query and show results.

select conf_value from config where conf_name="o_database_revision" or conf_name="o_cur_version";

sylvesterng --

I had the same problem.  It is likely your DB hasn't actually been updated.   SimpleScripts broke my forum as well.

What I had to do to solve the problem was comment out the version check in db_update.php and then run it.

Hi dimkalinux, Thanks for your help! But I am no pro in php or mysql. Just can't figure out how to solve it using your suggestion.

dimkalinux wrote:

Can you make a query for your forum database? If u can - make this query and show results.

select conf_value from config where conf_name="o_database_revision" or conf_name="o_cur_version";

Hi Federer Photography, I just went through your forum and congrats that it'd working fine. By the way would you kindly guide me through the steps you have done. How do I actually comment out the version check in db_update.php and then run it.? Thanks alot!

Federer Photography wrote:

sylvesterng --

I had the same problem.  It is likely your DB hasn't actually been updated.   SimpleScripts broke my forum as well.

What I had to do to solve the problem was comment out the version check in db_update.php and then run it.

Hi again, I found a solution to fix it. This only works for those who use 'simplescripts' to update.

1. Backup your database

2. Uninstall the PunBB script

3. Reinstall the script

4. Import the backup files.