Topic: How to import private messages from 1.2.21 to 1.3.2

Hi guys, i had a forum run by punbb and the version was 1.2.21 and i had the mod private message. There is about 15000 private messages in database.

Now i have converted my forum into punbb 1.3.2 and using the new private message extension. How can i import these private messages into this new forum. I have tried it with my own script. But having problems. Anyone have any solution? Please help me smile

Re: How to import private messages from 1.2.21 to 1.3.2

As far as I know there is no converting script for PM.

pun_pm creates its own table for messages. You just have to import the data from the old table to the new one. What kind of problems do you have?

There are many differences between these Private Messaging version.

The mod for 1.2.21 creates two db entry for each message. One for inbox and one for outbox. But the new extension creates only one db entry.

Old mod recognize status 0 for inbox and status 1 for outbox. At first i tried to export only the inbox entries. Because the new needs only one entry. Taking the status 0, i exported the db. As a result, i got the inbox messages correctly in punBB 1.3.2. But there was problems in outbox. Taking the status 1, i got correct outbox entries, but not the inbox. So, i was not able to import my old entries to the new version correctly. Can any one explain, how to do this?

4 (edited by Gotipe 2011-11-13 12:56)

I would very much like some assistance with the same thing, unless there is some way to import them to a new PunBB version. This is very important to me since the old PM mod has been a part of the forum since 2007 or something and I really don't want to be stuck with the old mod.
So if somebody here could perhaps assist me with directing me to some kind of converter I would be grateful beyond my English vocabulary.

Darth Vader will chase you away with his lightsaber!
GalacticEmpire.se Forum