Re: Fancy Stop SPAM

Show me screen with FancyStopSpam settings.

http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/site_img/Untitled-25.jpg

please can somone reply!

Extensions updated to version 1.0

• added checking emails by StopForumSpam.

PunBB 1.4
fancy_stop_spam.zip - version 1.0

Extensions updated to version 1.2

• added checking IP by StopForumSpam.

• added checking in profile any user after registration by StopForumSpam.

• now can working without json_encode functions in PHP < 5.2

Screen's
http://pic.lg.ua/x/3/83016d/md_5b6411eb.png
http://pic.lg.ua/x/4/17cd6b/md_993e4196.png

Download for PunBB 1.4
fancy_stop_spam.zip - version 1.2

After upgrade from any version to 1.2 be sure to check that options Check IP by StopForumSpam is turned on.

dimkalinux, this extension is looking quite nice. Do you plan to add a way to enter a SFS API key and report spammers when deleting them? That would make this the perfect antispam extension in my opinion. smile

Its nice idea, but i think that adding API key in forum settings is danger, may be result too many false-positive data will be submited from bad admins. May be better is adding API key as hidden options f.e. define in config.php for admin who realy understand how it works.

I'd kinda like a maximum time to acknowledge the account or it's removed, lets say in hours, since most spammers add the account and then wait a long time to register.
And since their email account often ain't working, they can't accept it, so the user table will be cleaned.

One funny part is, the last 5 spammers is no spammers at all, they are very well adapted into the forum and today three of
them posted spam.
Can their password been found out somehow?
We just nuked the posts but didn't do anything for the accounts.

Since PunBB 1.3.5 all unverified accounts removed after 72 hours after registration.

Oh so it's auto, OK
Then I'm gonna see if I can lower that value a bit tongue

thx

In versions 1.2.0 - 1.2.2 i am founded errors that may prevent users from registration.
In version 1.2.3 this bug is fixed.

I dont think that any normal users affected of this bug, but im recommended update Fancy_stop_spam to version 1.2.3.

This is a great addon, thank you!

I still have spam account registering (on the Antispam page in user properties it says they are spammers) but they don't seem to be posting.

I've had an enquiry from someone who seems legitimate saying they couldn't register due to their IP being blocked - hopefully that is fixed by the update to 1.2.3.

Thanks again!

StopForumSpam IP blocked worked if frequency > 1 and last activity < 3 month. In next version will be changed to < 6 month.

Nice work,
just small thing:

I just try installing this extension on a 1.4.1. board and I get warning it hasn't been tested ....

Its normal.

Ok, It's been tested now.  When you have a chance you can put max. test version 1.4.1 in manifest....
A very effective extension...

I`m worked on version 2.0 - it will be for 1.4.1 version.

Testing it now too

Can confirm that 1.3.50 version works for reporting spammers to stopforumspam.com (with an API key of mine) ...

Small negative: A known spammer just registered here, who had two listings in stopforumspam - july 2011 -
How could that happen? (IP 2x)

@dimkalinux:

Do you check IP vs sfs database on posts (line 776 of manifest.xml)? Would be with hook

<hook id="po_end_validation" priority=""><![CDATA[

Right?

I fixed checking IP on register in 1.3.51 yesterday.

SFS and IP checking works only in register form.

Im use IP info from SFS only if it not older than 6 month and frequency > 1 or frequency == 1 and last visit < 10 days.

Very nice.

Where can I download latest version ?
(On your github page last update for this extension is a while back...?)

Fancy stop spam 1.3.51 Beta - only for test.

Great stuff.
I wonder if it would be good idea to
- alert the admin
- or the mailing list
when a user appears as 'last seen' ?
Or do we assume admins and moderators can just check the new users page in the admin section?
http://keydogbb.info/img/antispam.png