Topic: Error uninstalling an extenstion

I have installed an extension by accident. It's currently disabled but I want to remove it. I'm not sure if deleting the files on the server is safe.

Would deleting the extension folder be alright? or should I get around this error somehow and try to uninstall it(then later deleting the folder). This is the error that was shown:
(NOTE! There's 3 w's, not 2. Because the forum thinks I'm posting web links. So its actually: /www/zxq.net)

Warning: require() [function.require]: Unable to access ../cache/cache_fields.php in /ww/zxq.net/a/u/d/audiotofu/htdocs/admin/extensions.php(434) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: require(../cache/cache_fields.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /ww/zxq.net/a/u/d/audiotofu/htdocs/admin/extensions.php(434) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../cache/cache_fields.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /ww/zxq.net/a/u/d/audiotofu/htdocs/admin/extensions.php(434) : eval()'d code on line 1

Re: Error uninstalling an extenstion

Bump ~ !
More than 50 view and no one can help?? xD lol

Anyways, I have deleted the extension but still unable to uninstall it. Still giving me the same error message in my first post. =/

Did you delete the extension before uninstalling it via the admin interface?

KeyDog wrote:

Did you delete the extension before uninstalling it via the admin interface?

I tried to uninstall the extension via admin interface a few times and it continues to give me that same error message. And just a few minutes ago, I deleted the extension from my extensions directory and tried uninstalling it. But it still gives me the same error.

Try:
reuploading the extension to it's original location
clear cache (in admin extensions section )
uninstall via admin
clear cache
delete the extension from server if successful...

Re-uploaded extension, cleared cache, tried to uninstall, but still gave me the same error.

I can give you the extension or post the php codes of the extension or anything else if you like, if it will help.

What is the extension?