Topic: pun_bbcode not working on 1.4

http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … dy-for-14/ states that pub_bbcode is ready to go for 1.4

When I install and enable the "BBCode buttons" (ver. 1.4.17) I get buttons (not pretty ones like here, just ones with words on them) but those buttons don't actually do anything.

Is there something I need to do other than "Install extension"?

Re: pun_bbcode not working on 1.4

No, pun_bbcode is enough.

Can you send me link for your forum for live testing?

Ok, i found your forum.

1. You use not standard or modified template or old template - at least include/template/main.tpl seems to be from 1.3 version. thats why not working our javascript and bbcode_buttons.
2. You use not supported in 1.4 extension - pun_admin_manage_extensions_improved
3. Maybe Lang files from 1.3 but i`m not shure.

4 (edited by Federer Photography 2011-11-09 19:36)

Yes, my forum is http://www.theprofessionalphotographyforum.com/forum/   Thank you for doing the extra work to find it.  Sorry to make you do the extra work.

I have removed the pun_admin_manage_extensions_improved extension (which never really seemed to do anything anyway)

I have copied the entire 'include/template' folder (which includes the main.tpl file) from the 1.4 version.   I then uninstalled and reinstalled the bbCode extension.

I have also copied the entire 'lang' folder from the 1.4 version.

I still get the word-only buttons that do not actually do anything.

(sorry, I did the SimpleScripts update at first before you had any warnings and have been trying to get a working forum back ever since)

5 (edited by dimkalinux 2011-11-09 19:46)

footer.php is seems to be from 1.3 too.

I`m recommended you test all *.php files at least by size with original in 1.4 version. Or rewrite it (with backup of course).

Icons on buttons in forum settings.

7 (edited by Federer Photography 2011-11-09 19:50)

I removed all php files from the main level of the forum directory (moved them to a backup directory)

I then copied all 1.4 php files to the main level.

I then re-copied the old config.php file to the main level.

The word-only bbcode buttons appear to work now.

Thank you for all your help!

Check all files in /admin and /include subdirs - or better reinstall forum files - with backup of /extensions /img/avatars files. But its not very simple.

same here, When I installed the "BBCode buttons" ver. 1.4.17 but those buttons don't actually do anything. i have freshly installed forum can u plz help me out in this admin and check you inbox i have send you the link of my forum

I decided to test it myself =3 I needed to update from the pun_bbcode 1.3 version I was using anyways.

Federer Photography wrote:

"...When I install and enable the "BBCode buttons" (ver. 1.4.17) I get buttons (not pretty ones like here, just ones with words on them)..."

When you install pun_bb 1.4, by default it doesn't show the graphical buttions.

So to show them, go to:

Profile > Settings > Check "Use graphical buttons in BBcode Bar"

But there's a problem =3 dimkalinux, there isn't a setting in the Administration where you can show or not show the graphical buttons by default. Could you add that or was it intentional?

please help me out.....if bbcode  v1.14.17 is not working  with punbb 1.4 then please can you tel me any other bbcode extension which is working with punbb 1.4

Pun_bbcode 1.4.17 is worked fine with PunBB 1.4.
You can check on this forum.

Check console log in browser for errors.

when i checked console it is giving error

PUNBB.pun_bbcode is undefined
[Break On This Error] <!DOCTYPE html>
post.php?fid=3 (line 1)
post.php?fid=3 (line 1)
post.php?fid=3 (line 1)
post.php?fid=3 (line 1)

Show link to your forum.

15 (edited by smaaaq 2011-12-17 19:36)

Hi, all

i am just heard about PUNBB,  i dont know much about this board script, i try to find out why bbcode button, not working, but fail, its new installation,  i upgrade now 1.4.1, but same issue,

bbcodes, not set by buttons, i used extn : bbcode  v1.14.17

please help, where is issue,

bbcode  v1.14.17 its for PunBB 1.4.
Your forum look like 1.3 version - use pun_bbcode for 1.3 http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/

Thanks Dimkalinux issues Resolved , with your 1.3 virsion,

but i just want to ask, why, MYbb, PHPbb, punbb etc etc all need to install BB codes, why not its built in like Vbuiltin  etc etc ,

now anyone tell me how to post you tube videos? i try to use embated codes but not working in punbb board,

anyone knows? any extensions?

Find Fancy_video_tag extension.

Audi wrote:

But there's a problem =3 dimkalinux, there isn't a setting in the Administration where you can show or not show the graphical buttons by default. Could you add that or was it intentional?

@dimkalinux: Where is the global setting for this???

No global settings for this - only per user.

Would be more professional to have a global setting...
how can I set it in phpmyadmin to always be on.... ? (see no advantage at all in this feature...)

Should be some FAQ for this one wink
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/142228/#p142228

If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

KeyDog wrote:

Would be more professional to have a global setting...
how can I set it in phpmyadmin to always be on.... ? (see no advantage at all in this feature...)

UPDATE `[database name]`.`[users table name]` SET `pun_bbcode_use_buttons` = '1';

Suggestion for future versions: use enums in DB instead of "1" or "0"- enums are much clearer.

hklown wrote:
UPDATE `[database name]`.`[users table name]` SET `pun_bbcode_use_buttons` = '1';

Suggestion for future versions: use enums in DB instead of "1" or "0"- enums are much clearer.

Thanks your solution worked for me...
the simple update of  extension with the line changed hadn't....

Kushi wrote:

Should be some FAQ for this one wink
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/142228/#p142228

It's a slippery feature big_smile

The update of the extension was a modification to the installer I'm pretty sure, so you'd have to reinstall the extension (it changes the default value of the column when you're inserting it into the users table).