Topic: How do I add a picture to the background of my website?

How do I add a picture to the background of my website?

I looked in other help threads, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have just started to learn code so if you could put it into simple terms that would be appreciated.

On a side note, how do you update the punbb forums from 1.3 to 1.4 without losing all the current posts? Or do I even need to?

Thanks,
WeNeedHelp

Re: How do I add a picture to the background of my website?

WeNeedHelp wrote:

How do I add a picture to the background of my website?

I looked in other help threads, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have just started to learn code so if you could put it into simple terms that would be appreciated.

This should help...

KeyDog wrote:

You need to add
background-image: url(../images/bg.gif);
to style/Oxygen/oxygen.css  or oxygen_cs.css

see this post also

Ishimaru Chiaki wrote:

The only problem with the background is that it isn't fixed, so as we scroll, we see the pic's edges.

Paste these properties where you have put the background image, if you used the background-image property :

background-attachment: fixed;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: top center;

If a megaproperty (background instead of background-image) is used, just add fixed among the values.

WeNeedHelp wrote:

On a side note, how do you update the punbb forums from 1.3 to 1.4 without losing all the current posts? Or do I even need to?

hcs wrote:

Upgrade from 1.3
NOTE: Make a backup of your current forum folder before proceeding. Also, don't forget to make a backup of your forum database. Use mysqldump for MySQL and pg_dump if you are using PostgreSQL. If you're using SQLite, just make a backup copy of the SQLite database file. You can also make database backups via most administration tools, such as MySQL Administrator, phpMyAdmin and phpPgAdmin.

1. Turn the Maintenance mode on via the admin panel.

2. Disable all extensions via the admin panel.

3. Overwrite the old files with the new ones.

4. After owerwriting, verify that the cache, img/avatars and extensions (for pun_repository) directories are set enough write permissions (usually 777 or 755).

5. Clear the cache directory.

6. Go to the forum index and run the db_update.php script (this may take a while to finish).

7. Update all the extentsions.

8. Turn on all the updated extensions.

9. Turn the Maintenance mode off.

4 (edited by WeNeedHelp 2011-12-23 19:23)

/****************************************************************/
/* 1. BACKGROUND AND TEXT COLOURS */
/****************************************************************/

/* 1.1 Default background colour and text colour */

BODY {background-image:url(../../../../IMG_0081.JPG); background-attachment:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center;}

Oh, thank you! I had already looked at the first post that you showed, but I was slightly confused. Like I said, I am very new to coding, so is this correct?

I must be doing something wrong though because it will not show up on my forum.

I'd just

• put the css lines one beneath the other and

• put an extra spacing before 'url...'

• then double check the location path...

Okay, I managed to get the picture in the background, but what do I look for to change the table to white?

http://www.larkmesn.com/forum/index.php

Thank you for you help once again.

Colors are in 'Style'_cs.css
Right click and inspect element (if using Chrome) to speed up finding relevant block of code, when on your forum index...

When you're building a Web page, you'll want to add images.