1 (edited by hoang83vu 2012-01-13 17:26)

Topic: How to change login href?

Hi supporters,

The default of the navlinks is: Index User list  |  Search  |  Register  |  Login

If I want the Login to direct me to somewhere else instead of login.php, how do I do that? I need to find the code block where it says <a href="login.php">Login</a>

Please help,

Re: How to change login href?

$gen_elements['<!-- forum_navlinks -->'] = '<ul>'."\n\t\t".generate_navlinks()."\n\t".'</ul>';

I found this in header.php but where the "generate_navlinks()" was defined sad

Jesus, I have found it. It's in include/functions.php

The reason I do this is that I wanna make an additional login box with Fancybox. Every time a user logs in, the box will pop up instead of going to a link.

Hmm, that's very interesting idea. Will you make an extension for that?

I just got a hang of this. Dont know how to handle errors. But it sure looks awesome smile

I will try to make an extension if i can make this work successfully

Rough demo can be seen at http://vphansite.com/forum. Note that it not working yet, only the animations work. Let me know ur thoughts.

YAHOOOO. Check this out. How cool is the login big_smile?

link: http://vphansite.com/forum

Looks really nice, but the option "keep me logged in" is hardly visible

Well, I am playing with the background image now. Trying to create one that fits with the theme smile

Updated:

Got it working. Check out some nice features that I have implemented smile

Collapsed categories - i've noticed there is a "jump" when start and end of animation - for me it doesn't look good
Overflay for images looks cool.
Login box looks much better with this different background.

Quadric wrote:

Collapsed categories - i've noticed there is a "jump" when start and end of animation - for me it doesn't look good

Have you tried with different browsers? Which one are you using? I am using Chrome, considering its the worst one for this particular effect. IE9 and FireFox run smoothly.

12 (edited by Quadric 2012-01-13 23:43)

Chrome 16 - jumps when slide up and slide down
Firefox 9 - jumps when slide up
IE 9 - jumps when slide up

I mean when categories are all "open". When i click on first bar ... slide up animation starts. When it's finished there is no space between bars... but when collapsed bar changed color/opacity/blinds a small gap occuring between bars so it looks like this bar jumps.

When animation is finished the class "catToggled" has been attached to the container... and this class has margin-bottom 0.7em !important so after animation bar under toggled bar moves 0.7em down - so it looks like "jump"

I got what you talked about. There is a 0.7em between categories. Can you take out that 0.7em in Chrome and see if it's any smoother? For me, it is very minor that I did not even notice at first. Thanks tho. Let me know.

I took out the 0.7em. It seems much better.

Now in IE na FF is perfect. There is still "jump" on chrome after completing slide down. Bar under one being slide down jumps a few pixels up

Hey Quadric,

Thanks for continuously helping out. Very appreciate that. I would say that this is the best I can do because it has nothing to do with the coding on my side anymore. The jump at the end of the slideDown transition you saw came from jQuery lib and I could not fix it. I check out this website and they have the same problem. I think Im okay with it for now smile

Sorry i'm just a perfectionist but it your forum smile They've got different problem becouse it happen on all browsers. You're issue is only on Chrome - but maybe as you've said jquery do not calculate height of the container properly before animation that's why when animation ends and container lost hardcoded css "Height" parameter the container has different height eventually.

Nps at all. I am glad that we discussed. I will update more if I see anything new smile