1 (edited by ams 2014-09-14 11:10)

Topic: shoutbox_pun - a punbb shoutbox

shoutbox_pun adds a basic shoutbox beneath the main page of your forum. Posters post using their forum account. It uses AJAX to update the posts and new posts by other users will be populated without refreshing the page.

Any feedback is appreciated, the source is release under GPL/MIT and there it's on github.

Demo: None (let me know if you want to host a demo..)
Github: http://github.com/andrewmichaelsmith/shoutbox_pun

Changes
Version 9.0: Fix XSS. Links open in new window. Fix bug where messages with links were getting rejected for being 'too long' even though they weren't too long. Fix bug where an error would delete your message.
Version 8.3: Added option to show shoutbox on the top of the forum
Version 8.2.111111: Added two new options 'let guests see shoutbox' and 'let guests post to shoutbox'
Version 8.0.2: Fixed issue with login on the main page redirecting to a CSRF Token Error. Add error feedback (though this needs improvement). Shoutbox is now hidden from guests.

screenshot: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/andrewmichaelsmith/shoutbox_pun/screenshot.png

Re: shoutbox_pun - a punbb shoutbox

Just some comments about manifest.xml

1. Its bad idea use table name as pun_shout - is preferred table name is extensions id/name or similar.

2. You use wrong way to include css and js files - use forum_loader.

3. We have official extensions for jquery - it is pun_jquery - use it as dependency for your extension.

Thanks for the feedback dimkalinux, I have commited the changes and updated the zip!

that extention is update ?

What sorry?

The zip linked in the first post is the latest version of the extension

There was a bug - on forums not in the root directory shouts weren't working. This is fixed now (upgrade to 7.1.8), latest link is in the main post.

Screenshot (which I can't put in the main post for some reason):

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/andrewmichaelsmith/shoutbox_pun/screenshot.png

May I suggest some features?
- Option to delete posts. It is quite obvious, someone could put some offensive shout, and you cannot do anything.
- Nickname linked to profile.

If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

LIKE on Kushi's idea. I have seen a chatbox where it auto-bans the user based on some strict criteria such as no commercials, or bad language. So, is it fully functional?

Thanks for the feedback Kushi, I will look in to getting these in to the next release.

hoang83vu it is fully functional in the sense that it works! Fully featured is another issue smile

I also had some errors while logging in.

<response>
<iserror>
</iserror>
<error>
Invalid CSRF Token
</error>
</response>

After uninstalling this extension everything went normal.

If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

Sorry, can you describe the steps to reproduce? I know this can occur if you leave the shoutbox open for a while

I had reports, and it was happening to myself, while I was trying to log in, it was redirecting me somewhere ( can't remember address and I can't turn it on right now, to check it ), and that error occurs.

14 (edited by ams 2012-01-19 14:44)

Thanks, that's very strange, I will look in to it.

Is it possible you had javascript turned off when this occurred?

The extension is setting the user's prev_url value to the data script according to my few tests. This won't occur if you log in on a page the shoutbox isn't running on, and outputting that variable in the login script points to your data.php with the token parameters.

aha, i think I understand now. Thanks Holden, I will look in to this tomorrow night and hopefully get a fix up.

17 (edited by ams 2012-01-28 14:38)

I have just released 8.0.2, fixing the login issue described. Thanks for the help in diagnosing the problem.

Changes
Version 8.0.2: Fixed issue with login on the main page redirecting to a CSRF Token Error. Add error feedback (though this needs improvement). Shoutbox is now hidden from guests.

Link in first post

Would it be possible for an admin to move this thread to 'extensions'?

Thanks!

Done! Great extension by the way!

Thankyou and thankyou! smile

Hello

this extension don't work with firefox

When a write a message the index refresh ... et no message in the soutbox

hi N3twork2, may I ask what version of Firefox you're running? I'm on the latest and it works here.

Cheers!

Hello,

It's the latest version of firefox wink

24 (edited by hoang83vu 2012-02-04 00:36)

I just implemented this on my forum. Seems good so far. See this. Thank you for this extension.

P.S. you must log in to see the chat or view chat messages

Hi n3twork2

Thanks for responding. Could you describe in detail what happens? Are you running the latest version?

I've tried in the new firefox and can't reproduce any issues. Is it possible that you have javascript turned off?

hoang83vu: Thanks a lot, looks good!