Topic: Grez Script To Check IPs Of Already Registered Users

KeyDog wrote:

Surprised by that. Is it TOR users? Because most registrations I see by bots are from India, Pakistan, USA, Philippines, China...

Well there was for example a guy who had shared IP, which was in SFS db :-( True it was there only once, but we would block him sad

Anyway! I wrote that script... Unfortunately, because performing a script which would compare huge amount of IPs with SFS db would take much time I used their .csv file with banned IPs. Sadly, the .csv file actually contains IPs with lastseen within last 90 days. So this means you are comparing only with ca. 50 000 IPs instead of a million sad

Anyway, this .zip file you just extract to your forum's root and start it.

Result should look like similar to this (hopefully big_smile)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6232434/sfs.PNG

Warning: This script can be demanding for your server if you have big forum.

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

Re: Grez Script To Check IPs Of Already Registered Users

@PunBB Developers: Can you try this script here? (I don't have enough rights to upload to forum)

Alternative Download:
http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/_media/p … 102010.zip

Just updated the script with the latest bannedips.csv ...

Might be good to integrate this into the stopforumspam extension....

KeyDog wrote:

Might be good to integrate this into the stopforumspam extension....

Yea, but since author of this script is lazy bastard I guess it won't be happening soon big_smile
Anyway I'd like to little bit remade the script, so it'll allow you to find users with website link or signature and 0 posts etc. smile

//BTW moved topic to PunBB Additions, since this isn't really an extension smile

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

KeyDog wrote:

@PunBB Developers: Can you try this script here? (I don't have enough rights to upload to forum)

I send you PM with link to this script. It says: "Total records: 0".

Hey Slavok
Happy to see it's clean now
I think I had written that post a while back, before you cleaned the database with your own script.
Thanks

Check with latest ips:

1. Download 365 IP record zip from stopforumspam.com  (only 1 per IP per day!) [after you've done this once, you can get the 30day record once a month...(for example)]
2. unzip and upload .txt file to root
3. In script change
line 35 to

$filename = FORUM_ROOT.'listed_ip_365_all.txt';

4. upload sfs.php to root and run script

Example: (on PunBB 1.4.1)
http://keydogbb.info/img/ip-check.png

Can someone upload the file to other hosting?

I am trying with the listed_ip_180_all.zip I will tell you.

Saludos

I upload the listed_ip_180_all.txt to the root of my forum, changed the line in sfs.php to point to  $filename = FORUM_ROOT.'listed_ip_180_all.txt'
then upload sfs.php to root and run script and I get.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function parse_signature() in /home/foros/public_html/punbb-1.4.1/sfs.php on line 94

I start seeking.

10 (edited by Gabriel 2012-01-18 16:09)

Hello I solved the issue.

The problem was that a line was missing in the sfs.php code.

I added this line and worked !! big_smile

require FORUM_ROOT.'include/parser.php';

As I understand this scripts lists some data of the users that post from IPs that are included in the StopForumSpam 365 day file.

I run a forum that has 4901 users (probably with 80-90% of users beeing spammers) and when I run sfs.php I get a list with just 28 users.  Is there a way to get them all?

In fact I´m getting in this 28 user list some of them that in fact aren´t spammers.

If I want to delete all the users and post, is there a way?  (not by hand smile)

Saludos

I love this script however it has a few issues.  First I know there is likely 7000 fake users on the forums. 

Issues:
- seems to give different results on every refresh
- only gives the first 3-5 results
- no way to mass delete

I'm basically at the point where I'll just have to wipe the entire board.

Yes I have all the captcha and anti spam extensions commonly used which seem completely ineffective.

halsafar wrote:

Yes I have all the captcha and anti spam extensions commonly used which seem completely ineffective.

Just on your last point:

Captcha = ineffective, not recommended (unless, maybe, you have ReCaptcha extension)

Recommended:

Q&A = pun_stop_bots v0.3.3 (minus the code for checking registered users posting)
Fancy_stop_spam
Akismet

I installed those addons and configured Akismet.  I am still getting 100 or so registers a day from evil users.  In fact when I made my post the other day I had around 7000 users, today I have almost 9000.  So it is being hammered by spam bots. 

I'm curious as well if there is a simple way to clean these users out.  Even if I am able to solve the problem of spam bot users I still have 8500 users who are illegitimate.   This sfs.php script can find them but provides no easy way to delete them except one by one.

Hi halsafar,

I am dealing with these exact problems these days.

The case was the next one:

Forum with around 4000 user account with around 85% of them bots.
I needed to,

1 - Forbid new bots to come in.
2 - delete old spam messages.

I took the next steps.

delete 0post users - http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/143634/#p143634
delete every bot user and it´s posts - I didn´t find a 1-click way. I am doing it in a custom way.

I ordered users by posts and IP address. In my case it happened that most of the spam comments come from the same IP addresses so it was not so difficult to get rid of most of it.

There are some strategies that could help you, for example to know the approximate date your forum was spotted by spam bots, so you can search for user created after that date. Or to look for some words.

As I am pretty new to this theme I would like to here more opinions and suggestions.

Scripts don´t look like very difficult so if someone explains me some patterns to look for, I could try to program something.

Saludos and thaks to all big_smile