Topic: Removing 'Powered by' in footer

Hi, do I have the right to remove it please??? Its not like i want to steal the Forum or anything, i'll put on my Website Credits page, that the Forum is made by PunBB (+The link), But i'd like a clean and "professional look" Forum with out links at the end hmm

(By the way: I like this Forum so so so so so so so so much, so professional and cute and light and everything ! Classe!)
Need answer, thank you.

Re: Removing 'Powered by' in footer

find this line in footer.php and change to your liking...

<p id="copyright"><?php echo sprintf($lang_common['Powered by'],

Thanks KeyDog, I know how to do it, but I ask for permission first big_smile I don't want any troubles later...
You think I can ? Do I have the right to do it?

This is just my personal opinion;

but if you help this project in return (say with translations, helpful comments in this forum etc) , it's worth much more to the community...

You have my (unofficial) blessing big_smile

Sorry, I need an official blessing  big_smile

I'll just short the Link for now, thank you!

why would you want to remove the "Powered by PunBB"?

give them credit for what they created and spread the word!

reacen wrote:

Hi, do I have the right to remove it please??? Its not like i want to steal the Forum or anything, i'll put on my Website Credits page, that the Forum is made by PunBB (+The link), But i'd like a clean and "professional look" Forum with out links at the end hmm

(By the way: I like this Forum so so so so so so so so much, so professional and cute and light and everything ! Classe!)
Need answer, thank you.

You can remove copyright messages from the pages of your site, but you can't remove them from the source code.

Call me crasy, but I want people to see my Forum and say something like:

Oh my god, this men Rocks ! He has class.  big_smile

Not like:

Tsss this is PunBB, I know this forum, I've seen it befor... this men sucks...  mad

lol, (Just kiding) anyway, you are right  gpolenza. They deserve the credit for the tremendous work they have done.
So ok, there are two links down the page, I'll just leave one.  smile

I LOVE PunBB. They need only one thing more that will make them perfect in my opinion: "Work harder on the themes options.".  sad

Slavok wrote:
reacen wrote:

Need answer, thank you.

You can remove copyright messages from the pages of your site, but you can't remove them from the source code.

Omg, did Slavok just give me an official blessing  big_smile ? Thank you so much ! But on a second thought I feel baad, i'll live the link smile

10 (edited by Nathan Anderson 2010-03-09 12:32)

reacen wrote:

Omg, did Slavok just give me an official blessing  big_smile ? Thank you so much ! But on a second thought I feel baad, i'll live the link smile

On your second thought? I understand how you feel. smile

Although they agreed to allow, it's not nice to remove the credit unless you're supporting the development. I always feel to remove the credits on forums or web templates. Once, I actually did that without asking permission. I started to felt uneasy. I know lots of hard work went into developing it so, I decide to have it back and never remove any credits.

By the way, if your forum guest or member found out that you're using this particular forum script and have removed the credit, it shows that you're not other people's work. tongue

P.S. Just my opinions, it's your freedom to do or not. wink

Nathan Anderson: Life Quotes / Law of Attraction

what is the location of the footer file?

rezax123 wrote:

what is the location of the footer file?

Locate at PunBB root, named 'footer.php'.

师父领进门,修行在个人。teach yourself

KeyDog wrote:

find this line in footer.php and change to your liking...

<p id="copyright"><?php echo sprintf($lang_common['Powered by'],

I was also looking for solution. Thank you very much.

You should give honour to punbb

ferd0us wrote:

You should give honour to punbb

laiqdiz... njn ~ http://name.jareta.name

sorry my BAD english T___T
Have a nice day >.<
(^____^)v

Don't delete. This will be scamming.

My personal opinion is to keep the powered by to support the project man!!!

Don't do it man you wil dishonor punbb

why would you want to remove the "Powered by PunBB"?