Re: Attachments (pun_attachment)

ekta wrote:

By the way, I kept the old 1.3 CSS because I couldn't adapt 1.4's to my design (to much complicated for me). Would that be the problem ?

Upload the 1.4. CSS  Oxygen template to the board, activate it, and see if it works with it.

Just to be sure;1. you've selected a file, 2. clicked ADD FILE, 3. then clicked submit and you can't see the file as admin?

KeyDog wrote:

Upload the 1.4. CSS  Oxygen template to the board, activate it, and see if it works with it.

Ok I'll try this.

KeyDog wrote:

Just to be sure;1. you've selected a file, 2. clicked ADD FILE, 3. then clicked submit and you can't see the file as admin?

Absolutely.

KeyDog wrote:

OK, so I just tried this and I still have the problem sad

Okay, my mistake. The extension version wasn't up-to-date.

Sorry guys.

Really god, i can´t found bugs big_smile
Very Thanks n.n

Hello,
If I have to choose only one extension for my forum, it will be definitely  "pun_attachment". Actually it's my only requirement for this forum software. Unfortunately, we have frequently issues with this extension.

Lets see now:Apache 2.0.54, PHP: 5.2.17, MySQL Standard 5.1.55, PunBB v 1.4.1, pun_attachment Version 1.1.17
On the Administration -> Settings -> Attachment page I'm receiving man such errors:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /nfs/c07/h04/mnt/106423/domains/forexsb.com/html/forum/extensions/pun_attachment/pun_attach.php on line 26

There are no errors on other pages and seems that the attachment extension works well, bu this is definitely issue that has to be fixed.

I know that someone may counter that this is a problem of my server configuration: allow_url_fopen = Off, but this option is off on a good reason.

Is there a chance the extension to be fixed, so that to use relative image addresses or to find another solution?
I'll appreciate any help. 
Thank you for the consideration and have good time coding PunBB!

I'm using PunBB at Forex Forum since 2006.

Thanks, i added issue:
https://github.com/punbb/extensions/issues/12

Hi, i'm not sure if this was discused before so please forgive me if i repeat smile

Well, there is a (functionality?) when i click "right alt + s" it saves response.

Well the problem is that in polish language this shortcut is reserved for letter "ś" and i can't write it in response sad

I get an error, comething like "PHP was unable to save the uploaded file to a temporary location." or "Server was unable to save the uploaded file to a temporary location." (Trying to translate it from Czech)...
The whole pun_attachment folder has 777, but stil not working...

Hello! I need to delimit user rights on file downloading so that, for exsample, a user can download from one thread (category or theme) all files which he would like, but from another thread he can not dawnload any files and only can read posters. I think the solution to this problem is to add a condition on printing out of a link while the condition is true:

$allow_downloading = $forum_user['g_id'] == FORUM_ADMIN || $cur_topic['g_pun_attachment_allow_download'];

If we add a condition on chek of a thread, in which the user is, and then on chek of a group which member is the user, We will get a following list:

if (it's a condition of user belonging to the thread)
    {
    $allow_downloading = $forum_user['group_id'] == 5 || $forum_user['group_id'] == 1 && 

$cur_topic['g_pun_attachment_allow_download'];
    }
    else
    {
    $allow_downloading = $forum_user['g_id'] == FORUM_ADMIN || $cur_topic['g_pun_attachment_allow_download'];
    }

where

$forum_user['group_id'] == 5 || $forum_user['group_id'] == 1

is the condition of being in two groups of users, who can download files.

I have a quation: is it right method and in what variable can I find a current thread?

I have a problem with large files. The files are 100mb+ and in pdf-format. The attachment goes well and I can see the file and file size in the post. But when i click on the file to download it i get a error that the file does not exist. If i right click on the file and select "save as" it works.

Im using punbb 1.4.2 and attachtment mod 1.1.19. Running on a Ubuntu server with Apache2 and PHP5.

Anyone got any ideas?

Correction, rightclick and "save as" does not work either. Just creates a 0 byte file.

*bump*

Hi,

already requested here, but may be more appropiate in this topic:
It would be really great if the "Display images” option could be modified or extended.

Attached images should be shown as a thumbnail in posts and when clicking on the image, a fancybox showing the image in original size (or downsized of screen resolution is exceeded) should be opened.

Kind regards.

I'm not like this extension

请问能否增加AJAX上传功能?     我觉得这个插件不错: https://github.com/valums/file-uploader

希望能让这个插件更好!

And whether it would increase the the AJAX upload feature?

hi friends
i m using punbb 1.4.2 and pun attachment latest extension 1.1.19

now the problem is when i attach the file with the post it upload pefectly according to the size. i mean there is no issue in uploading the file. but when i download it. it size become 0 kb.

please help.

Have You Seen My Forum . Check It Out. And Give A Feed Back

khurrammunawar wrote:

hi friends
i m using punbb 1.4.2 and pun attachment latest extension 1.1.19

now the problem is when i attach the file with the post it upload pefectly according to the size. i mean there is no issue in uploading the file. but when i download it. it size become 0 kb.

please help.

hi, how big is your file? i've just discovered a bug in pun_attachment / php (mine is v 5.2.17) by accident - download handling is done by fpassthru - in older versions of php, this function stores whole file in memory. Memory limit is usually set on low values on common webhosts (8 - 32 MB) so downloading bigger files leads to php memory limit exceed error.

here's a first aid that worked for me:

1) open ./cache/cache_hooks.php
2) find text "fpassthru" and comment that line (add "//" on beginning)
3) after that line, insert this code:

while(!feof($fp)){
    echo fread($fp, 524288);
    flush();
    ob_flush();
}

this code will set the buffer size to 512 kiB

hope this helps

Hello,

Is there a way I can make uploads available to all users now users need to be logged in.

It would be great if one can select during an upload if the file should be visible/downloadable by registered users only or by all users including guests. Can this be done easily ?

Chrs

PunBB 1.4.2 / Attachment • Version 1.1.19

No, sorry, it needs a lot of modifications. But you can "play" with permissions.

96 (edited by trenchnz 2013-05-19 01:44)

Can someone please tell me which file I need to edit, so I can change the text that shows the file size, and the message file has never been downloaded.. I need to alter this.
Thanks very much

http://www.s8.co.nz/images/example.jpg

97 (edited by maronno 2013-06-23 10:28)

I downloaded the archive and there is no README or anything in it.

How am I supposed to get this installed

trenchnz wrote:

Can someone please tell me which file I need to edit, so I can change the text that shows the file size, and the message file has never been downloaded.. I need to alter this.
Thanks very much

http://www.s8.co.nz/images/example.jpg

KeyDog, Kushi, dimkalinux or Trace should answer to this. Because I also don't like, and I'll like to remove it too. Also, the hyperlink.

lang file ( /lang/English/pun_attachment.php ), line 60

'Never download'        =>    'file has never been downloaded.',

If you wish to alter whole sentence, quite more complicated /include/attach_func.php line 229

$attach_info = format_size($attach['size']).', '.($attach['download_counter'] ? sprintf($lang_attach['Since'], $attach['download_counter'], date('Y-m-d', $attach['uploaded_at'])) : $lang_attach['Never download']).' ';
If any of my dropbox link fails with 404 error, change dl.dropbox.com/u/56038890/punbb/*.zip in address to 82283017.

Currently working on rPlus - responsive theme for developers to create their own themes basing on this one.

^^ It's actually line 239.