Topic: Extra field only in registration form?

Hello,
I want to add an additional field in the registration forum. I do not want to display that field in the user profile. Is it possible to do that?
I have seen other topics but they are mainly about adding profile field.
Please let me know if there is any extension or any help about adding an extra registration field.

Re: Extra field only in registration form?

make your own plugin smile

Do you want this field to go to the database ?
Where in the form do you want this field?
Does it need to be validated?

4 (edited by billa1 2012-07-05 18:31)

papi83dm I want to approve the new registrations manually (using the approval extension), and for that purpose I want to add an additional field in the registration form so that the user can give extra information in that field, which will help me to decide the membership approval/rejection.
The field does not need to be validated, but should be required so that its not empty.

Once I approve/reject the membership, then i dont need to keep that in the database.

I wish I could make my own plugin, but I am very new to this forum, so I dont know how to do that.

I have not seen the approval extension, does that feel needs to be displayed on the approval extension?

I meant this 'pun_approval 1.4' extention: http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/ … n_approval

which says:

Enable new registrations approval checkbox. In case it is checked all new registrations will be complete only after admin's approval.

So all I want is to add an extra required field in the registration field where user can write something, and I want to see that field data before I can approve. After I approve/reject the registration, I don't need that.

I don't have that extension, show me a screenshot of how the page looks when its waiting for user approval.