Topic: Currently Online is not working after moving to another host

The Currently online is showing incorrect numbers, the "guests online" part is the incorrect one.

It is always showing 1 guest online despite the forums having 25/30 people online.

How do i fix this, is it because i kept the same config file (with db name changes etc).

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: Currently Online is not working after moving to another host

Maybe the server sends forum the same ip address for all users 127.0.0.1?

well, i donna, my both name servers ip's are the same, can that be the problem.

Try clearing the contents of the cache directory in your forum root. I know there's at least one file in there that should have your forum's (cached) user stats in there, so deleting those files will force PunBB to regenerate them with "fresh" data".

5 (edited by SuperMAG 2012-10-11 07:43)

well i cleared the cache (through the admin clear cache) extension, i thought thats was made for that.

but i will delete all the files now. i had a thought, can this be related to a cookie, i haven't changed my cookie code in my config.php.

i deleted the cache, its not working, there were 6 people on the website at the time, it only showed 2 online, 1 guest and 1 memeber, it never goes over that 2.

also it shows the same in admin page, only 2 online max.

7 (edited by Piki 2012-10-11 09:43)

Provided that the extension works correctly, you shouldn't need to manually delete the files. It doesn't hurt to try, just to be safe smile

Provided that the config.php is correct (correct db info, correct base_url, correct cookie settings), the only other thing I can suggest is double checking the settings for your server daemon, try to get them as close as possible to what they were before, taking into account whatever settings must be changed for your new server. Perhaps post notice asking users at home to clear their browser caches, just to be safe. It might add a bit of extra stress to your server while your regular visitor's browsers rebuild their caches, but that's only temporary.

This is still not working, i have no idea why.