Re: A little assistance required

Yay I've been offered a free server, which is nice, so whats my next step? Should I wait or use the file linked above?

27 (edited by Louis 2004-06-03 01:12)

I guess since Chacmool has already tested his new version with your database, he'll have a better file for you to use ...

Joey wrote:

Yay I've been offered a free server, which is nice, so whats my next step? Should I wait or use the file linked above?

I've got a better file yes. Do you want to have the private messages converted too, you'll have to wait some more. Otherwice I could make a database-dump for you. I've sent you an email.

Not bothered about PMs. I have no email, but when I get it, do I:

-Create a PunBB database
-Load up phpMYadmin
-Import SQL file

?

The mail you've given here in the forum seems to be down, I can't send you anything. I've got a test-forum here (it's not online 24/7 though, only when I'm home), and the sql-file is here.

Please check that everything is converted and that it works fine...

Cheers guys, you are legends :)

Did my DB help with the development of the converter much?

Joey wrote:

Cheers guys, you are legends :)

Did my DB help with the development of the converter much?

Yes it did. It's always easier to have a large database to test with, it sooo much different stuff that users can do. I've found alot of small things such as <br>'s in the signature, guests posting topics (different guest id in invpb and punbb), zero-value at the posts/topics-settings in the profile and so on...

Woah, thanks a lot. If you would like to see what all your hard work was for, go here http://212.67.193.128/~rasmus/forums/index.php.

Lets not start another Rasmus discussion though :D