Topic: Recent Posts

Can We have ashotcut to view the "recent posts" or the Posts/Topics made today!
just as in vBulletin.

Its eating time in searching the posts made in a day/week...

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Re: Recent Posts

"Show new posts since last visit" on the index page?

I miss this feature too. It's not the same as "Show posts since last visit" and you don't need to login to use it.

Hmm. Why would you search for recent posts instead of searching for topics that have been updated since your last visit? The latter seems a lot more interesting

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Hmm. Why would you search for recent posts instead of searching for topics that have been updated since your last visit? The latter seems a lot more interesting

It is useful for boards where a large proportion of the users are guests/occassional users rather than members in which case there is no last visit information.

It is also useful if you spend too long replying to one topic that you time out, so you can quickly see what you haven't read yet in one list, instead of browsing through each forum looking for one or two topics.

Hmm, ok. I usually hit "Show new replies since last visit" and then ctrl+click all the links in the search results. That way, I never miss a topic. Do you consider this a must-have? I mean, I think basically all features are good. That doesn't mean I want them in PunBB.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I don't know about it being a must have feature but if it were available as a mod I would certainly install it. Since I haven't installed any other mods maybe that tells you something. I have to admit, my main use for it is laziness. If I visit a forum that has it I just hit the link and if nothing of interest has been posted I leave without logging in. That is the way I keep upto date at TFI where I haven't even registered.

If we are talking about usefullness, it has just struck me that I have never used the "Show unanswered posts" link.

True, I've never used it myself either :)

As soon as i seen this forum, I registered it and using as a member only! Well I have to check as GUEST now!! smile

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily