Topic: New and Confused

Hello,

I am new here and this is the first time i use  a forum in one of my blogs.
I really like the Punbb forum style and i am trying this days to learn the main features.
My first question here is how i can protect my forum from spammers...last week i see my forum and
i have more than 300 new spam posts...
I read here in the forums that there is the "pun_antispam" tool, but i have really no idea how to install this tool.
I hope that some one can help me with that...
It is a add on for wordpress  or it needs just a upload with filezilla ?
Thanks everyone !

Re: New and Confused

Hi! Wordpress has his own plugins and PunBB has also his own. They are called extensions. How to install extensions you can read here:
http://punbb.informer.com/wiki/punbb13/extensions
And pun_antispam can be downloaded from here: http://punbb.informer.com/extensions/

Remember to configure and change default questions. Unless MOD will not give good results.

Thanks Trace !

I try to do iy like it says but i think i do something wrong....i try it but in my extension menu it says :

IMPORTANT! The extensions listed below were found in the extensions folder but are not available for install or upgrade because the errors displayed below were detected.
Loading of extension "views" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.
Loading of extension "lang" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.
Loading of extension "url" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.

I extract the file in the extensions folder like it says.
I didn't get what to with the second step : "o install the extension the file /home/user/example.com/punbb/extensions/pun_bbcode/manifest.xml should exist."

I try to open manual the extensions/pun_bbcode/ folder and copy there the manifest.xml from the main extension folder but it is not working again.
It says :

Loading of extension "views" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.
Loading of extension "pun_bbcode" failed.

Element extension/id does not match the extension folder name.
Loading of extension "lang" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.
Loading of extension "url" failed.

Missing manifest.xml.

You must unpack the extension to folder which is a name of the extension. For example, if you want install pun_stop_bots, you must unpack files to folder pun_stop_bots and upload it then to extensions/ directory.

Thank you again Trace for your help !
It is working now, i install pun_stop_bots without any problems.
I try to install pun_antispam too but it says that it is not compatible with my version (  1.4.2 )
Hope the pun_stop_bots will keep my forum clean from spammers.

Thank you !