Topic: Is punbb Suitable for large communities ?

Actually i Loved Punbb look and Performance , and i want it for my new forum. Before that i want know some things from users .

what are disadvantages of  Punbb ?

Is File Uploading system work good in Punbb with posts ? is there any limit on uploading size or dimensions of file/image ?

Re: Is punbb Suitable for large communities ?

I don't know why you think so. But one thing i can say you, that punbb is really amazing. I'm a big fan of punbb and found no problem with image or file uploading system, though my community is not so large. I'm not suggesting you punBB but i expressed what i think with punBB.

www.ekushay.com
bangla entertainment forum

Is File Uploading system work good in Punbb with posts ? is there any limit on uploading size or dimensions of file/image ?

That's not related to PunBB, but to your webhosting. If your webhosting limits file size to 2MB, you can't upload a file which is larger.
And for question: "Is PunBB suitable for large communities?" answer is yes. smile

Why not? Punbb is extremely good for SEO purposes and your forum will fly when you have a good community as it has been proven. As long as you maintain the forum, you will have no problems

of course it is. It power many large forums. And indeed it's good for seo

Sorry for bumping this topic, but according to the "Forum Software Reviews" website, PunBB is suitable for "medium" communities, it can be up to just 10,000/100,000 members, and the same number for posting messages. It's a little limited, because when that certain number is reached, the forum starts getting errors/bugs, and users need to touch complex code without even having knowledge of technical things, excluding those with knowledge in that kind of things. A good forum wih problems is THIS ONE using PunBB: http://forum.youhosting.com/ Also the blue colour doesn't fit at all with the "Oxygen" style, it can be much better in my opinion.

Sorry for my bad English.

Who said that? It's not true that after reaching this ammount of posts/members any error will occur. PunBB will work like it worked before.