Topic: Started a forum, and I've already had to ban two spammers. Help!

I need help because I've already had two of my first users be spammers (the forums for a MC server I run) and I would like to know if there is any way that I can get a good set of software to stop them!

Thanks!

-http://zoritec.x10.mx/forums/index.php

Re: Started a forum, and I've already had to ban two spammers. Help!

I have banned both spammers, but I don't want any more spammers being able to jump on..

same for me in this day i fight against massive bots spam attack

Use the Stop_Bots extension and put some really good questions in there that takes a human parser to understand. Something that couldn't be answered using google, but would be easy for anyone to answer (like, "What language is this question written in?")

semperverus wrote:

Use the Stop_Bots extension and put some really good questions in there that takes a human parser to understand. Something that couldn't be answered using google, but would be easy for anyone to answer (like, "What language is this question written in?")

This is fixing the problem, i checked it myself.

Yours, Benny.

semperverus wrote:

These bots are humans nowadays. I suggest a Minecraft security question, those Indonesian morons won't know those well.

You can always do something like "The answer is: 4G2vs2H" and the answer is such as given, the spam bots cannot copy and paste and most of the human bots won't really bother either (at least in my experience with various forum software).

KnownSyntax wrote:

You can always do something like "The answer is: 4G2vs2H" and the answer is such as given, the spam bots cannot copy and paste and most of the human bots won't really bother either (at least in my experience with various forum software).

Yep. That would be true.
Blocking email addresses and IPs from stopforumspam should also be a feature in punbb one day)