Topic: need help with php.....

hi for a website im making i need a uploader that only the admin can use so i made the uploader and gave it its own page know how would i make the page it uploads the files to?

Re: need help with php.....

SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 (edited by newera70 2004-06-03 02:30)

i have the page i can upload from but i dont have a page it uploads to how would i do that?
heres the code

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Admin Uploader</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<style type="text/css">
a.linkcolor:hover {font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }
</style>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#000000">
<div align="center">
  <table width="699" border="1" bordercolor="#6699FF" bordercolorlight="#000000" bordercolordark="#000000" bgcolor="#6699FF">
<table width='389' border='1' align='center' bordercolor='#6699FF' bordercolorlight='#000000' bordercolordark='#000000' bgcolor='#6699FF'>
  <tr align='center' valign='top'> 
    <td width='379' bgcolor='#6699FF'><div align='center'><strong>[File Uploader]</strong></div></td>
  </tr>
  <tr align='center' valign='top'> 
<td height='71' bgcolor='#6699FF'><form enctype='multipart/form-data' method='post' action='download.php?action=upload&dir=/scripts'>
        <br>
        <input type='file' name='filename' size='30'>
        <br>
        <input type='submit' name='submit' value='Upload File'>
      </form></td>
  </tr></table>
</div>
</body>
</html>

can anyone help i need help soon or i lose 3000.00$

i'm not sure i entierly understand your question either but i'll give it a go anyways:
If you need something in download.php to fiddle with the uploaded file  you should look at php's filehandler here http://se2.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php

Hi newera!

I couldn't Understand your request properly. If you are clear with your request then, we can help you out!

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Ok, what im doing is making a site for a friend and he needs a uploader the code above was the code for the uploader. It works fine, but what i need help with is making a page it uploads the files onto that were uploaded with the uploader.......

It looks more like an upload form. Not the script itself.

9 (edited by sleddog 2004-06-05 13:46)

If I understand correctly, you want a script to upload files to a website using a web browser.

What you have so far is a form that lets a user select a file on his/her computer. What you don't have is a script that handles the upload and writes the file to disk on the server.

There are many such scripts readily available; have a look here.

But I might be misunderstanding the question also smile

i dont know how to upload to a directory on my webscape... i think sleddog has the right idea.....

Oh! Anyhow newera got the solution i think!! ")
Enjoy!

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

im not sure its still not working can i post the code and one of u fix my prob

Yes you can... we are here!! hope we can help you out..

Take Care! smile

i posted it in the other thread

Okay let me check there... whenever you post like this, you can simply refer the topic id with URL.. so that any one can click and get in to the thread directly... smile

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3968