Topic: UEFA Euro 2004 thread (scores included)

The tournament is upon us, and the opening game is underway.

Greece currently lead Portugal 1-0 thanks to a long range strike from Karagounis :)

Any one else following? (You should be..)

2 (edited by dR slIzer 2004-06-12 16:54)

Re: UEFA Euro 2004 thread (scores included)

Not following, but sweden will win anyway smile

"Real programmers are those that can sleep in front of terminals ... with their eyes opened."

"Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9am it's because they were up all night."

Make that 2-0 wink

For those of you who missed it, Greece won over Portugal 2-1.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Portugal must be annoyed. Slightly.

Portugal should only be annoyed at their own performance. They relied far too heavily on Figo and never got out of 1st gear.

Fair play to Greece who took the game to Portugal whilst still maintaining a solid defence. Stupid decision award goes to Christiano Ronaldo, who decided he would bodycheck the Greek forward in the area..

Yeah, Portugal started playing good football the last 10 minutes of the game. Probably when they realised they were pretty much screwed anyway :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

England vs France tommorow... England better win. smile

If they are not too cocky after the match against Iceland the other day roll

I have around 10 people coming round my house for the France game. Off to the supermarket to get the beers in, my step-mum is on food patrol, and I've been given the green light to re-arrange all the furniture. Should be good (if we win..)

...and will be quite depressing if we don't wink

Joey wrote:

I have around 10 people coming round my house for the France game. Off to the supermarket to get the beers in, my step-mum is on food patrol, and I've been given the green light to re-arrange all the furniture. Should be good (if we win..)

Only in England :)

Nothing like a good atmosphere to watch football in

We have the best football hooligans in the world tongue

During the world cup, my boarding school has in-house breakfast and we miss all of the morning's lessons for the match... smile

Nice one. During these European Championships, I'm off school on study leave and spending all my time in the pub.

But your way sounds nice too .. ;)

holy ****. France pull off two goals in 2 minutes (2 amazing goals I unwillingly add) and beat us.

WTF

One name: Zidane wink

"Real programmers are those that can sleep in front of terminals ... with their eyes opened."

"Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9am it's because they were up all night."

I feel sick.

I messed up with a girl on Friday, and sent her a message in the 88th minute saying, "Sorting things out with you is more important than any England game".

We lost, and she's still pissed off with me.

Bad, bad weekend.

damn damn damn

VERY bad end to the weekend

OMG, what a game. I just watched it. At the risk of alienating myself from a few of you, I must say the French were worth at least one of the goals. England had a rather solid defense, but but I hate defensive football. The referee also missed a penalty kick for France when an English defender blocked the ball with his arm in the penalty area. I'm guessing Emile Heskey and David James aren't the most popular people in England right now.

Oh well, tomorrow it's Sweden vs. Bulgaria. Let's hope they swedes don't get all defensive like they have a tendency to do. Go Henric Larsson!

Just for the record Rickard, its Emile Heskey and Steven Gerrard who are getting all the stick. Not many people are blaming David James, because the pass back to him was awful.

The Gary Neville handball was dubious, could have gone either way, whereas the England one was definitely a penalty, and should really have been sent off.

I'm surprised not many England fans went on the rampage in Lisbon last night.

Joey wrote:

Just for the record Rickard, its Emile Heskey and Steven Gerrard who are getting all the stick. Not many people are blaming David James, because the pass back to him was awful.

True. However, I think the penalty at the very end was kinda stupid. He was nowhere near the ball. Not that I would do it any better :)

When you've just conceded a 91st minute goal, and one of your team mates plays it through to the best player in the world this season, I applaud David James' restraint for not punching Henry.

The ref was kind and didn't send him off when he clearly could have. Collina sent Barthez off for something similar in the UEFA Cup final this year which I thought spoilt the game.

Joey wrote:

I applaud David James' restraint for not punching Henry.

Personally I applaud him for not punching Gerrard.