Topic: Porting PunBB

Hi i am currently developing an open soruce game and i want it to include a forum... I will probably use PunBB as i want it to be nice and simple so i can successfully integrate it with my current forum. I will of course leave your copyright in all the files and i will leave the Powered by... at the bottom. I am sure reading what you have said before that you will not mind me doing this but i just wanted to tell you... anyway hopefully sometime soon i'll be posting a link for you to see my site.

Thanks for the great forum

Re: Porting PunBB

You can do pretty much what you want with PunBB as long as you follow the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License. I'm not sure what you mean by an open source game that includes a forum. If you're just talking about having a forum on the game site and that you want to modify the forum so that if fits your needs, go right ahead. However, if your product will somehow contain PunBB (not sure how), the product itself must also be released under the GPL.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Porting PunBB

Yeh its GPL and its a game with a user community and the forum (hopefully) all linked into the game user system