1 (edited by keeshii 2014-09-07 19:33)

Topic: Support for PHP 5.5

Hi,
I have some free time, so I decided to spend it by improving punbb. I have created a patch, that removes deprecated preg_replace #e from parser.php, and refreshes the opcache (enabled by default in php-5.5).

After this patch, the forum works perfectly with php-5.5 (of course without extension).
http://dev.poldrag.katowice.pl/distfile … p5.5.patch

If the punbb developers agree, I would also like to correct the problem described here, and one other problem that I haven't even reported (in viewtopic.php line 286 posts are ordered by post.id, and in line 55 the time is used to derermine the post's page number).

If you want to contact me quickly - send e-mail, not PM.
<?php $t='<?php $t=%c%s%c; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);%c'; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);

Re: Support for PHP 5.5

Hi,

Would be great if you make this patch as pull request on github in v1.4next branch.
https://github.com/punbb/punbb/tree/v1.4next

Ok, done. Now i will try to fix the problems, I have mentioned earlier.

If you want to contact me quickly - send e-mail, not PM.
<?php $t='<?php $t=%c%s%c; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);%c'; printf($t,39,$t,39,10);

thanks .

5 (edited by Termingamer2-JD 2015-07-11 16:24)

Not too much point seeing how PHP 7 is planned to come in October.
Nice idea though, to do this for us!

So, you made a patch. Great. How does one use the patch? I am not a software expert and don't have a clue what you're talking about but I do have the deprecation error on my pun forum.

I'm thinking to PHP7.0.0! ( And maybe later! )
I'm wondered how PunBB will continue the competition with other Board Scripts with supporting this old version of PHP!

5.5.x is the current version used across all hosting providers, using anything above this such as 6.x (which may or may not be in stable condition as of this post) will require more rewrites as each major version of PHP changes how programmers need to write code. Hence why it's hard to find something that is stable on more newer versions of PHP than it is to find software that can run on older versions.

Hello ! Under what delay do you intend to support php7 ? Every script I use support it, but I have to specify 5.6 for the sub-domain with a PunBB. It's not a problem, I can settle the problem this way. I just wanted to convey the error message I met.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; DBLayer has a deprecated constructor in /homepages/xx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/include/dblayer/sqlite3.php on line 16

Hosting service is 1&1 if this can be of help.

Thanks for everything. Forgive my basic question, I am just a beginner with PunBB.

https://agora.chauvigne.info/
PunBB 1.4.6
PHP: 8.0.24
Base de données    SQLite3 3.27.2

9badik99, in include/dblayer/mysqli.php (similarly in other files of the same folder) replace

function DBLayer($db_host, $db_username, $db_password, $db_name, $db_prefix, $foo)

to

function __construct($db_host, $db_username, $db_password, $db_name, $db_prefix, $foo)
ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

Thank you very much !
Everything is OK now with php7

Version de PunBB

PunBB 1.4.4
Environnement

Système d’exploitation: Linux
    PHP: 7.0.7 - Voir les infos
    Accélerateur: Sans objet

Base de données

SQLite3 3.8.10.2

https://agora.chauvigne.info/
PunBB 1.4.6
PHP: 8.0.24
Base de données    SQLite3 3.27.2

thanks buddy thanks for doing this for us

13 (edited by huan.nguyen.enlab 2019-04-17 03:54)

I didn't seen the Text Area with BBCode Bar in my project. Also What's Punbb Version supported Text Editor with BBCode Bar?

Which one version of punbb you use?