Topic: There is no sitemap in punbb ?

Hello, i can not see a php or xml sitemap generated in punbb, there is not sitemap in punbb ?
Is there an extension to have a sitemap generated with punbb ?

2 (edited by PanBB.Ru 2017-06-20 05:55)

Re: There is no sitemap in punbb ?

Is there an extension to have a sitemap generated with punbb ?

Pan SEO + Sitemap

Ok i understand, it's ok for a little forum to help search engines, when the forum is beginning, but for a big forum with xx xxx topics, the sitemap would be very heavy and probably with xx xxx topics the search engines would already crawl enough.

4 (edited by PanBB.Ru 2017-06-20 06:02)

Good. Wishing accepted. I often met a similar question.

Attention! If your site map file should not exceed 50,000 pages or 10 megabytes. Otherwise, you will need to create an additional sitemap file.

No, you're right, it's not really necessary when the forum becomes big and it would even be a problem because it would generate a huge file.
And there is no need of extension for a little forum, at the beginning we can use a sitemap generator to make a sitemap.xml file at the root of the forum to help search engine find all urls (google webmaster tools, ping...), it's easy to find a sitemap generator for free :
https://www.google.fr/#q=sitemap+generator
When the forum is big enough the search engines will crawl often so it won't be necessary, so there's no need to lose time writing an extension for that.

Ок. Topic closed.

You can generate sitemap with indexes to avoid large files. I think it could be an option of extern.php. By the way you can submit RSS to GWT for a start.