Topic: How do you install a spanish pack?

Good day to all,
  I am new at this and actually trying to help some friends who do not speak English. They have just started using punBB and wish to change the language setting to Spanish.... I have found the actual package and have downloaded it, but do not know how to proceed and can't seem to find any tutorials or manual. Please help.

2 (edited by PanBB.Ru 2016-09-16 15:08)

Re: How do you install a spanish pack?

Download the Spanish translation folder in the folder /lang/

And setup settings:
Admin - Options - Select lang
Profile - Options - Select lang

OR

you can manually move the forum using an extension:
Pan Translator

PanBB.Ru wrote:

Download the Spanish translation folder in the folder /lang/

And setup settings:
Admin - Options - Select lang
Profile - Options - Select lang

OR

you can manually move the forum using an extension:
Pan Translator

Thank you for the response, but what folder /lang/ are you mentioning? I downloaded the pack to my computer.... this is my problem... I don't know how to download it anywhere else but my computer.....

You download the language pack on your computer and then upload content of archive (not archive file) to /lang directory on your FTP server. If you don't know how to connect to FTP, search Google or contact your hosting provider.

5 (edited by leonidas 2016-09-17 19:52)

Trace wrote:

You download the language pack on your computer and then upload it to /lang directory on your FTP server. If you don't know how to connect to FTP, search Google or contact your hosting provider.

Thank you, I'll check on this

Remember to upload content of downloaded archive, not archive file itself. This means uploading "spanish" not "punbb-1.4.2-spanish.zip".

Trace wrote:

Remember to upload content of downloaded archive, not archive file itself. This means uploading "spanish" not "punbb-1.4.2-spanish.zip".

Understood...thank you....