Re: [release] Post Edit Period

I set the edit time to 1 hour (60 minutes)

It works perfect and cuts off members.

I have moderators for each forum and they can edit in their forum but boardwide they cannot see their edit link after 60 minutes.
They can edit in their moderator forum after 60 minutes but not outside of it.

SO any way you can check this ??

Moderators are moderators that have extended rights only in their area of responsibility.
In order for each group to have different timeouts for editing, this extension needs to be completely rewritten.

For a special case with moderators, you can try changing the extensions/edit_period/manifest.xml file:

! $forum_page['is_admmod']

replace to

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] != '1'

(found in two places)
Then you should uninstall and install this extension in the extension management for the changes to take effect.

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

@Visman

That worked perfectly, now the moderators can edit their posts board wide while members are time restricted.

In my opinion that is how the extension should be.

Thank you so much for adding this incredible feature.

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] && $forum_user['g_trusted_users'] != '1'

So if I wanted to excempt a second group called "Trusted Users" could I just add them like this?

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] != '1' && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER

GROUP NUMBER - this is the group number of your privileged users.

ForkBB

Wow thank you so much

That is perfect

@Visman, do you have paypal in Russia?

Would I be able to commission you to do something for me?

I am now using the above edit modification but I have 2 forums where I want all users to be able to edit all the time.

I do not know what is involved in writing that but I would gladly pay you for your time and I do not mind if you post it here because if it helps anyone else I am ok with it.

for ed_post_selected hook

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] != '1' && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER

replace to

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] != '1' && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER && $cur_post['fid'] != FORUM NUMBER

for vt_row_pre_post_actions_merge hook

replace to

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] != '1' && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER && $cur_topic['forum_id'] != FORUM NUMBER
ForkBB

Perfect so add two groups and 2 forums it looks like this right?

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] != '1' && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER1 && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER2 && $cur_post['fid'] != FORUM NUMBER1 && $cur_post['fid'] != FORUM NUMBER2

! $forum_page['is_admmod'] && $forum_user['g_moderator'] != '1' && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER1 && $forum_user['g_id'] != GROUP NUMBER2 && $cur_topic['forum_id'] != FORUM NUMBER1 && $cur_topic['forum_id'] != FORUM NUMBER2

I understand I have to enter forum number and group numbers instead of the name forum1 or group1 so don't worry about that part in my example, I only did that for clarifiacation.

KamWest wrote:

Perfect so add two groups and 2 forums it looks like this right?

yes

ForkBB

That worked remarkably well, it brings the extension to a whole new level.