1 (edited by antonio 2021-08-20 11:25)

Topic: Moving post

PunBB is very stupid, we all know it. 10 years ago there was a version 1.2 I guess that allowed moving posts. Now, in 2021, it is not possible, no one from developers know how to do it or nobody cares... never mind.

Since there is no way to move the posts, can I do it like this?: I myself as admin will create a new post and in MySQL will change in "posts" table these fields:

https://i.postimg.cc/6phr5CgW/image.png

Will ALL be fine?
PunBB 1.4.4

Re: Moving post

1. Open a topic with the required post
2. Scroll down to the moderator menu and go to Moderate topic
3. Select the required posts and click Split selected posts
4. Enter the name of the new theme and click Split
5. Open a forum with a new topic and target topic. (if they are in different forums, then move the first topic.) Go to the Moderate forum.
6. Select both themes and press Merge.
7. Confirm the merging of topics.

P.S. If you edit the database manually, you can break the forum wink

ForkBB
I speak only Russian  :P

The problem is you cannot move the first post.

3. Select the not required posts and click Split selected posts
5. Open a forum with a old topic and target topic. ...

P.S. The first post in the topic is tied to the topics table in db. It cannot be transferred to a new topic.

ForkBB

As I suspected, this does not help as no one helped several years ago...

The thing is, many users discuss something in one thread, after some time they come back with the same thing and create a new topic not continuing in the older one. Now I cannot move this new post at the end of the older topic.

There are so many stupid extensions yet no one is able to come up with such a trifle.

antonio wrote:

The thing is, many users discuss something in one thread, after some time they come back with the same thing and create a new topic not continuing in the older one. Now I cannot move this new post at the end of the older topic.

For this case, merge topics is sufficient.

ForkBB

Thanks, I wonder why I never noticed all those years... My bad. You can delete the thread.