Re: UEFA Euro 2004 thread (scores included)

sverrir wrote:
Paul wrote:

Police 33 - 0 Hooligans

Nice one big_smile

Well I'm gonna enjoy Sweden - Italy now.
Hopefully 1-0 for Sweden but it could also go 1-1.

you where right big_smile

1-1 :>

I could've gone to Sweden-Denmark. I had the chance to get tickets for that game, as well as Italy-Denmark and Greece-Spain, but exams were in the way :(

Also, the other day I was about to put an 11/2 bet on Spain/Greece to draw and Portugal to win. I didn't :(

Jesus christ, my heart almost stopped during the first half of the game. Thank god Zlatan came to the rescue in the second half :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Pfffft, he didn't know what he was doing. Fortunately for him, he is so gangly that his long leg hooked it in.

The only good things about Sweden are Allback and Mellberg :)

Joey wrote:

Pfffft, he didn't know what he was doing.

Don't tell that to a swede anytime soon. Zlatan is a national hero :)

Joey wrote:

The only good things about Sweden are Allback and Mellberg :)

Don't you mean Allbäck? :P

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yeh but I'm not going to load character map for one little umlaut. And in England we just say "Allback" anyway, so it makes no odds to me.

Zlatan was very fortunate, Vieri was SO close to heading that away

A battle of the titans tonight when Portugal meet Spain. Wouldn't wanna miss that :)

Joey wrote:

Yeh but I'm not going to load character map for one little umlaut. And in England we just say "Allback" anyway, so it makes no odds to me.

Yeah, I know. I just couldn't think of anything meaningful to say :)

Joey wrote:

Zlatan was very fortunate, Vieri was SO close to heading that away

True. Still, he scored one of the most spectacular goals of the tournament so far.

I thought it was no coincidence the way the groups were drawn:

-Spain and Portgual - neighbours and rivals
-England and France - Le Rosbifs vs The Frogs
-Sweden and Denmark - battle of the blondes
-Holland and Germany - they REALLY hate each other

LOL Joey wink

I swear its not just me being funny, it couldn't have worked out any more beautifully.

Also, Czech Republic/Holland was once of the best games I've seen in a long time.

Joey wrote:

Also, Czech Republic/Holland was once of the best games I've seen in a long time.

Yes, it was great. Not a dead second.

[img]http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0406/20/2-2.jpg [/img]
big_smile

Chezh/Holland was one of the best games so far yes. But tuesday is the day numero uno wink

Could someone give me the run-down on what has to happen for Sweden to advance to the quarter finals?

All I know for sure is that if Sweden and Danemark draw 2 - 2 they both go through and the result of the other match is irrelevant. If that happens watch out for conspiracy theories with Italian accents.

Just checked
- if Sweden draw they are through
- If they draw 2-2 Danemark are through as well.
- if Sweden loose they can still go through provided Italy don't win

Thanks. So that's what the 2-2 image above is about :)

Yeh, but the Swedes and Danish are rivals aren't they?

In a similar situation, I couldn't see England and Scotland settling for a draw for each other's benefit.

Joey wrote:

Yeh, but the Swedes and Danish are rivals aren't they?

I wouldn't say rivals. I guess it depends on where in Sweden you live. We southerners are basically half-danish anyway. The part of Sweden in which I live, Skåne, used to belong to Denmark and our dialect is influenced by Danish.

68 (edited by buyzaba 2004-06-21 16:32)

I am also from Skåne but I live out in the woods now in the "real" Sweden. In Småland. Skåne is more like the continent (Europe) big_smile

Go MFF!

It would be soooooo fun if the game ended 2-2, just for the joy of the "war" after it :) Though, I think that playing 2-2 is not as easy as it sounds if they want to do it...

Chacmool wrote:

It would be soooooo fun if the game ended 2-2, just for the joy of the "war" after it smile Though, I think that playing 2-2 is not as easy as it sounds if they want to do it...

2 own goals each should do it. Those Viking defenders can be so careless at times.

71 (edited by buyzaba 2004-06-21 18:11)

Why do you always call swedish and danish persons for blonde? Why not Wikings, Beasts from the North or Mystic Dragons? sad

Is Juventus interested in Edman? I heard that from a friend.

Btw, Italian journalists tried to send a fax from the Swedish hotel in Portugal to the Danish hotel. yikes

buyzaba wrote:

Is Juventus interested in Edman? I heard that from a friend.

I wouldn't be. At least not after the last game. Zlatan on the other hand will most definately be playing in Italy soon :)

Nice game England. The two best players also scored the three first goals, Scholes and Rooney. Beckham and Owen didn't really impress though.

Portugal in the quarter finals. That won't be easy :)

That was brilliant! I was working behind the bar so got paid to watch the game on a big screen :D

I am a Rooney critic but even I cannot say anything bad, the guy is red hot. It can only be a good thing that Beckham and Owen are quiet, their best is yet to come!

France 3 - Suisse - 0

France le future gagnant de l'Euro 2004