Topic: Security: Moderators can rename users

Hi,

Is it intentional, that Moderators can rename users, including Admins?

I found it very funny, when I granted Moderator rights to a guy and the first he did, was renaming my account.

Very funny.

(Okay, I trust the guy, so this wasn't a real problem, but I don't think, this is good behaviour.)

Elrond

Re: Security: Moderators can rename users

You learn something new everyday. What would you prefer, Bilbo or Frodo big_smile

haha

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

So is this gonna be fixed?

There's a reason moderators have rather large rights in PunBB. The reason is that after being a moderator in a very large vBulletin forum, I grew tired of not being able to do anything other than moderating text. Every single time a signature needed editing, a username needed changing or an avatar needed to be removed, I had to consult an administrator.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I agree with Rickard, I don't like the strictness of vB's moderator group either. However I don't think PunBB mods should be able to edit the admin accounts...

I'll review the rights for 1.2.

is there a way to modify it so mods can't change other's profiles?

ooooooooh !

its amazing.

ALI
Mr. IT
AliSoft.Net
Contact # 92-0300-5239065
Email: ali@alisoft.net
http://www.alisoft.net

Mr. IT
0092-300-5239065
AliSoft .Net
http://www.alisoft.net

i would suggest just letting them edit regular members accounts and not admin's accounts. kinda like the way snitz has it set, admins can't edit admin's accounts but can edit mods and below.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

kinda like the way snitz has it set, admins can't edit admin's accounts but can edit mods and below.

Admins can't edit admins? That can't be right.

12 (edited by Falconey 2004-07-22 20:37)

I've had the same problem a while ago.

Rickard wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

kinda like the way snitz has it set, admins can't edit admin's accounts but can edit mods and below.

Admins can't edit admins? That can't be right.

no but the main admin can so it equals it out i guess. never really needed to edit an admin myself so i don't miss it.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I just think an administrator should be able to administrate, regardless if he's the "main admin" or not.