Topic: moderators

yeah.. i just noticed that moderators have waay too much power tongue
so mabye add that in permissions?
so that you can limit them, because now they can ban users and stuff like that

Re: moderators

Well, dont give the power to those you dont trust

Do, or do not.

What do you want a moderator to do if you don't want them to moderate?

Moderator isn't a status symbol.

well.. i trust my moderators, still i think it would be good to be able to limit them

Joey wrote:

What do you want a moderator to do if you don't want them to moderate?

Moderator isn't a status symbol.

Now you tell me.

Power is not stauts Paul...

Do, or do not.

People! Well somebody is able to do it? To limit in the rights of a moderator, that it could not the following: ban the user TO CHANGE the INFORMATION ON USERS, and in general, to limit only moderator the forum.

Here it is so much experts, and really, all only also can what argue? Somebody can really prompt as?

I'm sorry Vladimir, but I don't understand a word of what you just said. I don't speak Babelfish :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Attempted translation:

Surely somebody here is able to change moderator privileges so that they can only make changes in forums and not ban people and change user details etc.

Paul wrote:

Attempted translation:

Surely somebody here is able to change moderator privileges so that they can only make changes in forums and not ban people and change user details etc.

word smile

translate.ru smile

yeah.. i just coded this, it was quite easy smile

I think the issue here is one I have run into as well.  In other forums moderators do just that.  They moderate the forum posts.  However with PunBB they are able to edit anyone's information.  Ban the user.  Anything.  These things are pheasable to want, however not for every moderator I have (http://www.wildleaf.net/forum/)  I try to keep a balanced amount of moderators (2 moderators with different viewpoints), but I don't want all of them to be able to edit users information.  I can see where this is an issue, and could be incorperated as an option.  Just like we can limit whether guests can post or  not, possibly make it to where you can select whether moderators can edit this information or not.  I don't think it is  completely unreasonable as an option available in 1.2.

wildleaf. I'll see what I can do for 1.2.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."