Topic: Poll: What browser do you use?

I use Firefox 0.9.3, I like the speed and features.

Re: Poll: What browser do you use?

Firefox 0.93 for the same reasons.
IE6 because I keep forgetting that I have Firefox installed.

Could people reply to this post. The information might be useful for development purposes.

Opera 7.5

( Firefox 0.9 and IE 6.0 only used during web-development )

IE 6

IE6 and FF0.9 together with one of the best apps in the world, namely Ad Muncher.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Firefox 0.91 - probably should upgrade :)

Firefox 0.9.3

Firefox 0.9.3

Do, or do not.

Firefox 0.9.3 for everything, IE 6 for testing sites locally

Opera 7.54

iv tryed firefox and i dont like it, the "win R" commands has problems with it and most of all no mouse gestures (i cant live with out them)

eh, gizzmo ... mousegestures for FF exist ... cause I'm using them all the time big_smile

firefox 0.9, IE only for updates

I like soup.

Firefox 0.9, occasionaly IE 6 when I have to

Safari 1.0.3 smile

Julius wrote:

Safari 1.0.3 smile

Oh s***. I assumed anybody using Safari would be using 1.2.

Mozilla 1.5 (too lazy to upgrade).
I use Mozilla Mail for email so I use the suite.
Never IE except for cross-browser testing. (I like IE's bookmarks though)

I like Opera for many features as Quick Prefrence, mouse geaser and save sessions, i feel as professional with it.
IE is more lite than firefox. but thay are same as with not features, i feel as dummy.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Firefox 0.9.3 for 99% of my browsing.  Awesome browser... gonna blow IE off the map.... eventually.

IE 6 for testing sites.

Mozilla 1.7 for testing sites.

I think its pretty cool how many of us are using Firefox already.  Word must be getting around at how good it is... at least in the circles we all dwell in.

Extremely intelligent and good-looking people are the kind of circles I am talking about.:)

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

A friend of mine over at SweClockers.com put this little diagram together the other day:

http://www.sweclockers.com/temp/bjorn/browserstats.gif

The stats are taken from SweClockers.com. Quite an interesting development. The stats hardly represent the general situation on the web (sweclockers.com visitors are mostly tech people), but still.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Sweet! :)

Hopefully it continue that way, also "outside" the tech-people-forums.

To "force" ... people to have Firefox (the best for me : I have all to test my site : Lynx (yes !!), Mozilla, Opera 7, IE 6 (I hate it, finally) ...

It would be great all app's like punBB put on their site "Download Firefox" (I'll put on my site)  ... and a tutorial to explain why it's better (and free !!!)

Firefox and Opera has several years in advance about xHTML ... and I see the code of Pun to do all the site TABLELESS ... it's quite hard ('cause CORE CODE and TEMPLATE CODE are together ...) but I think it's the best solution : with UL LI, DD DT and of course, DIV ... the site will be FASTER (is it possible ? Yes : I have done test on my future version of site : My CINEMA page TABLE > 94 ko / TABLESS > 12 ko ... )

Firefox 0.9.3 as my default browser....IE6 (only because it came on this computer - used for testing purposes only, and the occasional site that won't function in any other browser...grrrr)  Am working on converting family and friends outside the "techie circles" to Firefox. wink

Rickard - those stats probably aren't too far off.  A lot of people are sick and tired of Microsoft and their virus/security/hacker prone products, and are seeking alternative browsers and mail apps so that they don't have to deal with it anymore.  A huge boost here in the US was when Homeland Security issued an alert back in late June (?), recommending that folks switch to other browsers because of all the security issues with IE - that really opened alot of people's eyes (and minds) to Mozilla and their products.  An article on their website noted a huge jump in downloads of Mozilla-based products after that alert came out.

For me, it isn't just the security issues - Firefox is a superior browser already, and is only going to get better. smile  Am in the process of switching to Thunderbird for my mail app, so that the only Microsoft product that I'll be using is Windows.

Apple Safari 1.2.3 & Netscape 7.1

My main gripe with Firefox is that it still takes a lot longer to start up compared to IE (which is pretty much in memory already). Not an easy thing to "fix" though :)

Try Opera 7.60, way faster and way more productive than (otherwise excellent) Firefox :-)
Opera=The Fastest Browser on Earth

http://www.opera.com/