Topic: PunBB 1.2 development source

Due to popular demand, here is the latest development source for PunBB 1.2. The most noticeable changes from PunBB 1.1 is the amazing work Paul Sullivan has made on the markup and style sheets and the introduction of the new user group system. Other than that, it is mostly "under the hood" stuff that has been updated. You can follow the development by reading up on the changelog now and then.

Please note the following:

PunBB 1.2 isn't finished. There are still features to implement, bugs to fix and tweaks to apply. Please don't attempt to use this code in a production environment. You do so at your own risk. I'm not even sure the install and update scripts work for all configurations. Last but not least, if something breaks down due to the use of this development release, no support what so ever will be granted in these forums. If I see a support question regarding this source in the forums, the topic will be removed without notice. However, if you discover a problem or potential problem in the source that you think I should be made aware of, feel free to contact me via e-mail.

The archive below will be updated as changes are made to the source. Probably not nightly, but at least weekly. I will post in this topic when the archive is updated.

Enjoy.

http://punbb.org/download/in_developmen … .2-dev.zip

Updated 2004-11-01 01:13 CET

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2 development source

Sweet!

When will the CVS be up and running?

good, but i  want finished punbb 1.2

waitting.....

please quickly

thanks

Nice smile

Chacmool wrote:

Sweet!

When will the CVS be up and running?

I haven't decided on whether I'm going to go that route or not. System such as CVS and Subversion are great when a group of people work on the same set of files, but when pretty much all coding is done by one person (which I have no problem with), they only complicate things. We'll see. I have finally gotten around to actually working on PunBB again, and I feel I am more effective when not having to deal with Sourceforge at the same time.

imewo wrote:

Yeah, me too! Do you have it? I hear it's great!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hmm, language choices are Welsh, English, and Outer Mongolian and I can't set it to anything but Welsh. Odd tongue

Blame Paul :)

As I noted earlier: "PunBB 1.2 isn't finished. There are still features to implement, bugs to fix and tweaks to apply."

OK, fine by me
/me enjoys his Welsh forum tongue

please added bbcode ande  pm

Smartys wrote:

OK, fine by me
/me enjoys his Welsh forum :P

I'm waiting for the Outer Mongolian language pack ;P

yes, i know that youll probally add bbcode, but try to write ann offcial pm into it. no offense to the mod one, but i just dont like the looks of it. needs to have a checklist type of delete and stuff

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Gary13579 wrote:

yes, i know that youll probally add bbcode, but try to write ann offcial pm into it. no offense to the mod one, but i just dont like the looks of it. needs to have a checklist type of delete and stuff

BBCode...

I'll add the checklist-style and such things to the PMS when I release it for 1.2 (if Rickard don't make an own implementation of it of course).

Just to reiterate what Rickard said. Don't waste time fiddling with your own styles. You will notice things that don't work or seem like duplication. Thats not because it's broken, it's because it's not finished. In fact the archive is already obsolete at least as far as the styles are concerned.

Latest update. Languages now changed to Klingon, Romulan and Borg.

Paul wrote:

I wasn't aware the Borg had their own language.</wiseass trekkie remark>

Chacmool wrote:
Gary13579 wrote:

BBCode...

I'll add the checklist-style and such things to the PMS when I release it for 1.2 (if Rickard don't make an own implementation of it of course).

i know what bbcode is, but of what someone else said, i didnt think it was in 1.2 yet

if you make it, ill use it and im sure i can get the biggest forum on pubbig to use it too wink

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

16 (edited by Andy 2004-08-31 00:46)

imewo wrote:

waitting.....

please quickly

thanks

Why should Rickard rush to get 1.2 finalised? He doesn't work full time on punBB, as is the case with most BB developers, and has a life of his own (I think big_smile)

Please don't rush Rickard, take your time!

Brilliant work Paul, really impressive.

Rickard wrote:
Paul wrote:

I wasn't aware the Borg had their own language.</wiseass trekkie remark>

I think this is beginning to get to you. Even your jokes are XHTML

imewo wrote:

I can't wait for 1.3 :)

19 (edited by Connorhd 2004-08-31 09:00)

sorry to crash the party, but theres a bug with the new posts link on this topic tongue

it only goes to the top post for me not the newest one

Just a suggestion on the css:
Is it possible to align the signatures at the bottom of the posts when there isn't enough text in them to push the sig down?

Looks a bit better that way imo.

Connorhd wrote:

sorry to crash the party, but theres a bug with the new posts link on this topic tongue

/me bangs head against wall

ignore me its not an error its cos the first post was also new

/me continues banging head

Falconey wrote:

Just a suggestion on the css:
Is it possible to align the signatures at the bottom of the posts when there isn't enough text in them to push the sig down?

Looks a bit better that way imo.

Yes it might look better. No it isn't possible, not easily anyhow. Remember you are dealing with divs here not table cells. The bottom of the div is the end of the content, the rest is just blank space.

Connorhd wrote:

sorry to crash the party, but theres a bug with the new posts link on this topic :P

It points to the first new post since your last visit. The link to the far right (the date/time) is a link to the newest post.

yeh i realised that after i posted

Hmm, the Jump to seems to include forums that are admin/mod only even if you're not either.