Topic: RTS - RPG in BETA running on PunBB engine (mod)

Hiya smile

i would like to show of my beta site for A new Dawn v4 wich is a game currently in development wink
it is in beta at the moment and we used a big part of the source of PunBB wink

thanks for this great peace of work smile (btw dont go complaining there is no credits to punbb this site is in beta. when it goes life there will be credits to punbb in the credits section)

the url is:
http://82.217.74.207/anewdawnv4/forum/index.php

i hope you like it wink drop some comments smile

a new game in the making:
A new Dawn

Re: RTS - RPG in BETA running on PunBB engine (mod)

BTW if you want to be a beta tester:

just register at the forum wink you can create 2 game accounts at the character selection section smile

if you can be more than just a tester send me a pm on the forums wink (user: vin99)

A new Dawn

smile wink smile wink smile wink tongue

hehe nice comment thnx big_smile

A new Dawn

Nah looks good, i like the big difference in style in alternate posts, is this going to be like a rpg game based on the forum or the forum just being on the same site as it?

Well im just using the forum as the basics so for user registration and stuff like that smile i add tables to the database and create the game around that.

so the forum is part of the game actually i add things to the forum and i use the forum source for the game big_smile

the best way to explain it is i used the engine of the forum smile

btw the style editing is not done yet wink it should difrent more from the standard layout. it will come wink all in time.

A new Dawn

The game is getting shape smile when you register you will see that the game is totally in the forum source and visa versa smile

A new Dawn

Your biggest problem is going to be updating forum version as security errors are discovered and fixed.

Ah np wink ill just check what was edited. and most of the gamefiles are not in the forum part.

they just use the functions the board uses. so if the function gets altered the game files "mostly" do not have to change.

A new Dawn

yeh Rickard does a hdiff except for upgrading to 1.2 which is going to be a massive change, maybe to big to look at the hdiff lol

Hmz.. so it will be a problem sad

A new Dawn

but only after 1.2 and i don't know it might be reasonably easy to change (you can see the dev version in accouncements)

vin99: I, or you yourself, can make diffs to see what's new in 1.2, but they're going to be huge. Most of the code has changed in some way.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ow ok big_smile

well i always check the code with compare in ultraedit. And i only changed some parts of the forum code. like header and templates and such.

For the game i created all new files only including the header and functions so i dont need to write that.

if the functions change a lot. i can alter my code no problem smile

A new Dawn