Topic: "banned email" mails

It looks like I get an email whenever a user is registered on the forums. At first I thought it was only @hotmail.com addresses, but when I got a mail with a notification that a xxxx@gmail.com address also had registered with a banned email I see it's a bug! Have two emails banned (both hotmail), some IP numbers and one member.

Re: "banned email" mails

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you getting e-mails about people registering with e-mail addresses that aren't banned?

You know about the setting "Allow banned e-mail addresses" in admin/permissions right?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yes, I get emails about email addresses that aren't banned.

"You know about the setting "Allow banned e-mail addresses" in admin/permissions right?"

Shouldn't have to use it since the emails addresses that i get mails about aren't banned...

You seem to know your way around PHP a bit. Could you perhaps do some debugging of your own? It's hard for me to say what's wrong becuase you are, as far as I know, the first one to experience this.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Are you still experiencing this problem?

For a while now, I've had hotmail.com banned in these forums and it appears to work just fine. I've enabled "Allow banned e-mail addresses" in admin/permissions to still allow people to register with hotmail addresses but to send an e-mail to me whenever someone registers with a hotmail address.

Hmm... no, I haven't had the time to look it up! May it be caused from the conversion from phpbb to punbb? All bans were made in phpbb and was exported to punbb with the "phpbb to punbb"-script that can be found on the download page.

Perhaps you could dump (as in mysqldump) your bans table and send it to me?

"export" in phpmyadmin maybe?

Yes, as text, and don't forget to include the data :)

ok, sent an email to your @swec.com address since I don't know your @punbb.

For the people interested, the problem in this case was that empty columns of the bans table contained an empty string instead of NULL. Problem solved.