76 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-09-29 22:23)

Re: Calendar Mod

Don Pablo wrote:

Hi,

I've read this topic with much interest and I've got one question: would it be easy to modify this calendar to only display posts from a specified topic? I mean like you make a forum topic called 'Events' (I suppose you already catch my drift :-) ) and the calendar only displays posts from that topic on their specified dates. That way I could implement an event calendar, it's really the only thing I lack on PunBB :-(

what i have planned is just to make another table in the SQL and than the calendar will pull the dates from that table.

JohnS wrote:

It's the last " in the following line in calendar_view.php

ok thanx i found it

Oh oops... I don't think anything changed in view... just the header and calendar.php

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

latley i have been getin errors in the code, and only when i was loged in, witch ment it was the timedifference code.

once i took out the time difference code, i stoped havein the errors, and i thought that if the "posted" timestamp was made in that server timezone why do i have to change it if its bein pulled into the page in the same timezone. all you realy have to do is change time showed,acording to your timezone. so i think it will work fine, if anyone has things to say about this bug than tell me.

Version 1 is out, please go download it and test it, need to work out bugs.

Shouldn't somebody change the name of this thread to Calendar Mod. The 0.5 version number is making it look unfinished.

If Gizmo worked for Microsoft we would have Windows 2008 by now.

It's great ... I have touched NOTHING and calendar is not displaying the numbers of topics ...

Calendar script is alive ?

smile

Paul wrote:

Shouldn't somebody change the name of this thread to Calendar Mod. The 0.5 version number is making it look unfinished.

Done.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Paul wrote:

If Gizmo worked for Microsoft we would have Windows 2008 by now.

haha i dont think im that good, i still think i suck. but thanxs for the compliment.

Rod wrote:

It's great ... I have touched NOTHING and calendar is not displaying the numbers of topics ...

Calendar script is alive ?

smile

have you reuploaded all the files? that should fix it.

OK dwl 1.0 and it works great ... very cool ...

http://www.sortons.net/forum/calendar_p … amp;day=30

Is it possible you create a mod to put this on a OUT FORUM page ??? I find this really better than "last topics" ... a sort of "real time" forum life, more precise ...

Very good stuff.

85 (edited by cuteseal 2004-10-01 03:35)

Gizzmo wrote:

i thought that if the "posted" timestamp was made in that server timezone why do i have to change it if its bein pulled into the page in the same timezone. all you realy have to do is change time showed,acording to your timezone. so i think it will work fine, if anyone has things to say about this bug than tell me.

hm... it's all very confusing i know.  the posted timestamp is a unix epoch timestamp, which disregards server time or timezones.  it doesn't matter what timezone it is being posted in - if it is posted now, then the timestamp will always be the same.

I see a few places where the timezone diff needs to be applied:
- db queries to return records (because you want to return records relevant to the user's timezone
- in the array where you determine which day the posts fall in
- when you determine what date it currently is

What sort of errors were you getting , by the way?

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

I've installed version 1.0
All works fine until I click on the Posts for any day displayed and I get the following error message

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch topic list for forum.

Any ideas?

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

87 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-10-01 22:15)

cuteseal wrote:

What sort of errors were you getting , by the way?

well my calendar was all fucked up and the number of posts&topics were wrong for the first and last day of the month.

and the list of topics and posts didnt show any thing for the first and last day of month

JohnS wrote:

I've installed version 1.0
All works fine until I click on the Posts for any day displayed and I get the following error message

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch topic list for forum.

Any ideas?

did you reupload all the files, cuz i looked at your site and calendar_topic.php & calendar_posts.php dont exist, but calendar_view.php does.

88 (edited by JohnS 2004-10-02 15:55)

Gizzmo wrote:

did you reupload all the files, cuz i looked at your site and calendar_topic.php & calendar_posts.php dont exist, but calendar_view.php does.

Yes I did but then I reinstalled 0.7 cos of the problem.
I've installed 1.0 again now, but still get this error. Have another look.

From calendar.php the links to topics work OK but the links to posts fail. Why should this be?

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/calendar.php

that is a very odd thing to happen, and its kinda pissin me off that i cant find out why its doin that

ok i changed some things in the file and if it dont work now than i dont know whats wrong, i updated the zip file for 1.0.

Brilliant. It works fine now.

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/calendar.php

btw: what did you change? what was causing the problem?

JohnS wrote:

btw: what did you change? what was causing the problem?

well befor i had

FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p
INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t
INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f

WHERE p.posted > '.$datestart.' 
 AND p.posted < '.$dateend.' 
 AND t.id = p.topic_id
 AND f.id = t.forum_id

and i changed it to

FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p
INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t ON p.topic_id=t.id
INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f ON t.forum_id=f.id

WHERE p.posted > '.$datestart.' 
 AND p.posted < '.$dateend.' 

dont know how that did anything different but all i know, it works.

A couple of minor bugs to report, Gizzmo

If you look at this page with 26 posts and then click on the link at the bottom for the 2nd page it takes you to the next month and not the continuation of posts for that day!

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/calendar_p … amp;day=15

Also, if you use the navigation for Last Day (I've changed it to read Previous Day) and you are on the 1st day of a month it takes you to the last day of that same month rather than the last day of the previous month.

suggestion: should the posts view parse the posts?

95 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-10-04 22:24)

JohnS wrote:

A couple of minor bugs to report, Gizzmo

If you look at this page with 26 posts and then click on the link at the bottom for the 2nd page it takes you to the next month and not the continuation of posts for that day!

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/calendar_p … amp;day=15

Also, if you use the navigation for Last Day (I've changed it to read Previous Day) and you are on the 1st day of a month it takes you to the last day of that same month rather than the last day of the previous month.

for the second page problem the link to the second page doesnt have 'monthno', it has 'month', change that and it should work fine

i am still workin on the bug about the navigation, and the time zone, thoes are kinda hard to get workin right.

Connorhd wrote:

suggestion: should the posts view parse the posts?

i dont understand your suggestion

when viewing posts through the calendar the bbcode and smilies are not parsed... maybe they should be

Gizzmo wrote:

for the second page problem the link to the second page doesnt have 'monthno', it has 'month', change that and it should work fine

That worked fine thanks

Gizzmo wrote:

i am still workin on the bug about the navigation, and the time zone, thoes are kinda hard to get workin right.

Look forward to your solutions

New releace, the change day problem is fixed, "calendar.php", "*_posts.php" "*_topics.php" and "*_footer.php" make into one file.

Gizzmo wrote:

New releace, the change day problem is fixed, "calendar.php", "*_posts.php" "*_topics.php" and "*_footer.php" make into one file.

It doesn't work. When you click on last day it also goes back a month!

I've noticed in your new code you've changed all monthno to month - is this correct?

Also, I keep changing your 'punplane' to 'punplain' as per punBB

100 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-10-09 18:06)

damn, i thought i had it, man i just cant figure out how to fix that bug and yes the monthno should be month, i think it makes it easyer cuz year isnt yearno and day isnt dayno....and i just fixed the punplane class thing so on the next update it wil lbe fixed....i dont htink ill do another update till i know the date change is fixed

if anyone has any ideas of how to fix this than please tell me.

oh yea and if some ones got any ideas for the timezone difference send your messages.