Re: Firefox 1.0 PR impressions

Very odd. Then it must be related to my Windows theme (Roue 2.01 Black).

Edit: It is. Still doesn't change the fact that it's a Firefox issue though. I don't get the problem in IE.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i hate themes, classic theme is always my choose.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

I used to hate themes as well, but then I saw Roue 2.01 Black and now I'm never going back.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

They have a lot of downloads! Over 1'000'000 in four days :)

[url=http://spreadfirefox.com/ wrote:

SpreadFirefox.com[/url]]In just under 100 hours, we have smashed through our one million download campaign--with 6 days still to go! This is the fastest adoption rate we have ever experienced, higher than every previous Firefox release. But it's not time to relax our efforts. How soon can we break through 2 million?

30 (edited by hcgtv 2004-09-19 20:23)

I use the WinXP classic theme, never got used to the new theme. Classic is also a lot faster than any of the other themes I've tried.

Actually I turned off themeing and many other services: http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

I don't know what's the name of my theme, but I like it :)

Screenshot

Chacmool wrote:

Looks like you're running Linux.

I miss Enlightenment: http://www.enlightenment.org/ one day I'll setup Linux as a workstation again.

Paul wrote:

Works perfectly on XP regardless of the colours. Everything just adjusts for appropriate colours given the background and text colour.

The only exception is if you use the WinXP "Classic" theme which is the Win2000 clone but I don't think anybody uses that.

I use the Win2K Classic theme on all my computers and I know several others that do too.  I hate the fluffiness of XP....

I don't have any problems with Firefox using the old Win2K themes and the default Firefox theme.

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Paul: It's actually not a clone. It's the "real thing". It's what you get when you disable the theme service completely.

hcgtv wrote:
Chacmool wrote:

Looks like you're running Linux.

I miss Enlightenment: http://www.enlightenment.org/ one day I'll setup Linux as a workstation again.

Yeah :) I don't like XP's default blue theme. The gray is okay, but it's still way to large icons.

I just love programs like Miranda (the ICQ-client at the screenshot). You can customize it exactly as you want :)

For those of you running 1.0pr, Arvil has released his theme called Qute.

Qute was the default Firefox theme before they switched to the current one, it's much better and has nicer icons.

It's what I'm using until Smoke is released.

Chacmool wrote:

I don't know what's the name of my theme, but I like it smile

Screenshot

whats the punbb icon in the tray do? wink

Connorhd wrote:
Chacmool wrote:

Screenshot

whats the punbb icon in the tray do? ;)

It's my "check for new posts on a punbb forum"-program :)

Don't have to visit the forum all the time to check for new posts. This might not make much difference on this forum, but on another one I'm visiting there are 1.4 new posts per day (compared to punbb's 70). Though, it's nice to have when helping people around here with their punbb-problems.

firefox users, you should really try this extension here. I guarantee you that you gonna love it! I am using it for the last 2+ months and I really love it.

snapsolutions wrote:

firefox users, you should really try this extension here. I guarantee you that you gonna love it! I am using it for the last 2+ months and I really love it.

Well, I have to agree with you snapsolutions... Sage is an awesome extension for Firefox. I just installed it today after reading your recommendation and I must say I think it is my favorite plug-in for Firefox so far.

I have not much cared for RSS till now... but the way SAGE incorporates itself into the browser... I was really impressed.  It is very usable too.  I went into my tool bar customizations and added my Sage shortcut to the rest of my tools.... now with a quick click I can subscribe to RSS feeds!  Thanks for the suggestion!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

My pleasure smile

I haven't used Sage, but I'll give it a try.

I did try the RSS capabilties built into Firefox 1.0PR. It uses the bookmarks interface to store favorite feeds. I placed a feed folder on my bookmarks toolbar and with a click, I can see my feeds.

hcgtv wrote:

I haven't used Sage, but I'll give it a try.

I did try the RSS capabilties built into Firefox 1.0PR. It uses the bookmarks interface to store favorite feeds. I placed a feed folder on my bookmarks toolbar and with a click, I can see my feeds.

Yes, I tried that too... but did not use it much.  When I tried out Sage I realized that this was a great way to do RSS.  Very simple interface and intuitive.

Rickard wrote:

hcgtv: Smoke looks lovely. Tell me the moment it's available for 1.0PR :)

The new themes are out, just tried it and it works just fine in 1.0pr.

Go here, and hit your refresh buttons if in the installation you don't see 1.0.

Thanks to Aaron for taking the time: http://mozthemes.tk/

They fixed the search bar in Smoke for 0.10 smile (I'm on a recent nightly build though.)

Are there any Mac users out there who use FIrefox?

How do you like it versus Safari?

(I'd try it but I'm out in the sticks and only have s-l-o-w access!).

Thx.

_xeno_ writes "Firefox 0.10.1 was released today to fix a security flaw that could potentially allow a malicious site to erase files from the user's Download directory. If you already have Firefox 0.10 installed, you can go to Tools, Options, and choose Advanced, go to Software Updates and choose Check Now to grab the patch."

or click the red button in the top right corner wink

Connorhd wrote:

or click the red button in the top right corner ;)

That worked just fine, just had to restart Firefox so that it would acknowledge the change.

hmm i dunno if i had to or not, but loads of stuff on FF wants restarting to change