Topic: My punbb

Here. I tweaked it a bit, something easy, extremely easy to do, GREAT job Rickard. There is nothing on the main site and just a few close friends registered, I'm too busy with my thesis to release anything, I just wanted to show off a little bit :).

Re: My punbb

I like it :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yeah, it's nice :) ... different.

I like the small images at each forum. Generally don't like when it's to much images, but this just made the forum name a bit funnier/better looking.

What happens when there's a new message? Do they change color?

4 (edited by Simple Exploding Man 2004-04-26 22:00)

Yeah, for instance:

http://www.geedorah.com/foro/img/nuevo_6_off.gif

http://www.geedorah.com/foro/img/nuevo_6_on.gif

(Of course you have to log in first.)

Edit. It's subtle, I like it :).

Thats very cool! big_smile
I loved the design wink
BTW In witch language is the forum?

Forgive me about the bad english tongue

I would say spanish from the few words I know.

7 (edited by Simple Exploding Man 2004-04-27 12:15)

Spanish indeed :D.

I really like the design! smile

The images next to the topics in your forum are 25x25.  The default image in PunBB for new posts is 16x16.  Did you have to change anything in the code in order to accommodate the larger images? 

Reason I ask is that I'd like to increase the size of the new post image some - maybe even up to 30x30 if it won't break the layout of the forum.  If you can point me in the direction of the right file and section of code, I'd be truly grateful. wink

It's slightly more complicated to change the size of the emoticons (there is a post somewhere around), but for the images on the index page it's as easy as opening index.php, looking for "new.png" and setting width="16" and height="16" to your values of choice. Or just delete both settings.

Simple Exploding Man wrote:

It's slightly more complicated to change the size of the emoticons (there is a post somewhere around)

I actually included a piece on that in the FAQ for 1.1.4.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hum... I just dumped the stuff and hit okay, I'm a wild cowboy :D.

Very nice ;-)

Looks really good!

I'm curious - what did you change to make every forum have a different icon?

Uh, instead of new_icon.png (or whatever) I added a $count++; in the loop and used new_icon_number.gif ("new_icon_". $count ".gif"). I love dirty hacks :D. It's very easy to do.

Uh, instead of new_icon.png (or whatever) I added a $count++; in the loop and used new_icon_number.gif ("new_icon_". $count ".gif"). I love dirty hacks big_smile. It's very easy to do.

where do you add that "$count++;"? adding small pics down here was exactly what I wanted since I started using PunBB but unfortunately my knowledge is crap at php... hmm could you or somebody paste the code as it should look like?

I'll do it tomorrow or next monday, it's 3 am and I'll be gone for the weekend.

You damned little rascal, I was wondering where the hell that .lv address came from :D.

I'll do it tomorrow or next monday, it's 3 am and I'll be gone for the weekend.

You damned little rascal, I was wondering where the hell that .lv address came from :D.

uhh... what's wrong with .lv?
i just sent a note to our tech, he will do this for me, but thx anyway for giving the idea and inspiration :)
this is the forum (in .lv-ian language only): http://www.satori.lv/sarunas but i still gotta give the final touches to the design

Hello smile

Everyone know who the code for icone forum is posted ?
I lookink around but find it'

yeah, love those small images smile

A very nice forum, Simple Exploding Man, congratulations! smile