Topic: PunBB 1.2 Beta
I just uploaded the beta. As of now, PunBB 1.2 is in feature freeze. I encourage you go try it out and play with it as much as possible. Post bug reports in this topic. I wouldn't call it production quality just yet, but it appears to be quite stable. In other words, don't upgrade your production forums just yet, but feel free to make a copy of your production forums to play with.
It is unlikely that the database structure will change from now on, but if it does, I probably won't make an update script that will update the database from beta to final. Just so you know.
For those of you who haven't followed the development of 1.2, here's a rundown on the new features:
- Completely new, XHTML 1.0 Strict and semantically correct markup and CSS by Paul Sullivan.
- Improved documentation by Bert Garcia.
- A proper user group system.
- Admin plugins.
- SQLite support.
- Simple file-based caching of static data.
- Post preview.
- More advanced BBCode pre-parsing.
- Redesigned profile.
- Search for users in userlist.
- Work in with full PHP error reporting.
- MySQL 4.1+ support via PHP's mysqli extension.
- Redirect forums.
- Ability to delete all of a specific users posts.
- User language selection.
And lots more. Refer to the changelog for a complete list of all changes.
Please read the docs before attempting to update from 1.1.
Edit: Forgot the download link.