Re: PunBB 1.2 Beta

yeah, i'm feeling I'm going to have to do it the other way around. Much more work alas and probably more overheads.

As my site is generated from a template as well, need to figure out how i'd integrate this into the other template. roll

site before: www.barrowfc.com/cowps
site soon to be launched: www.barrowfc.com/web2004

I'm aiming to get the forum into the blue dotted box. heh, having enough fun with strict xhtml and css and seperating all my content from anything more than the basic mark-up.

bug found. when u move a post and the little box is ticked that says, leave redirected topic, it is reversed and an error on it. someone else please look at it.

rip9: Yes, that will be quite difficult. I think doing the opposite will be a lot easier. Then again, maybe you don't need to display all the other parts of the website in the forums.

mark36ph. I was unable to reproduce that bug. What do you mean by "it is reversed and an error on it"? What is the error message.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

found my login again...rip9 was me btw.

Unfortunately I do need to display the rest of the site around the forum otherwise people just link into the forum and aren't driven to the rest of the site.  eg, I have a random box which displays fixtures/news/shop products etc.

I'll have a think tonight and then play(?) with it tomorrow. I'm sure some solution will crop up. 

(and I just know my css files are going to clash smile.

there is no error message. when i move a post and the little box it ticked saying that the orriginal message will stay, it gets moved, but when it is unticked it stays and another one is created where selected.

Rickard wrote:
Madoor wrote:

Ok, your choice. I have one forum for admins, one for admins and co-workers (people that are publishing news for example) and then one forum for admins, co-workers and moderators where you can write messages about members and so on (moderator stuff). That is why I would like to have an extra forum for the "high moderators" (co-workers).

But why do you need your co-workers to have moderator rights?

Well, I want them to be moderators as well as co-workers... They should have the ability to moderate the forums if they feel like it and as I have stated before: I want them to have a forum of their own. Guess I have to figure out another way to do this.

About integrating the site on the forum. On the current version (1.1.5) I can write:

$pun_root = 'forum/';    // The path to the forum root directory relative to this script
define('PUN_QUIET_VISIT', 1);
@include_once $pun_root.'include/common.php';

on all pages on my homepage to let the members stay logged in even if they are not in the forums. Is this possible in 1.2 as well or do I have to change the code?

The functions in 1.1.5 (in functions.php); have you changed any of their names? Have used some of the functions on other pages than the forum so I have to change the names on those pages then...

madoor: well $pun_root is now PUN_ROOT and needs to be defined

Try this:

define('PUN_ROOT', 'forum/');
define('PUN_QUIET_VISIT', 1);
@include_once PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

I don't think I've renamed any functions that would affect you, but I have changed the name of some of the variables. What used to be $cookie and $cur_user is now simply $pun_user.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

mark36ph wrote:

there is no error message. when i move a post and the little box it ticked saying that the orriginal message will stay, it gets moved, but when it is unticked it stays and another one is created where selected.

Are you sure? When you move a topic, you are redirected to the forum to which you moved it. Is that confusing you perhaps?

The move/redirect is working fine for me. If the message box is checked viewforum shows a redirect topic, clicking that takes you to the new location. If the checkbox is unchecked there is no redirect topic, all traces of the original are simply removed.

Just a thing: when displaying a list of topics or a topic, at the top it's a "hierarchy header", like here it's "PunBB.org Forums / Announcements / PunBB 1.2 Beta" (it looks like the same thing in 1.2 beta). But I think it's better if the first part of the hierarchy will display the name of the category instead of the name of the forum (here the category name is "PunBB"). It will be soooo useful for me. On my forum I've got two categories with same forum names inside and it's hard to find in which category I'm currently...

It would be very cool to include this into the 1.2 release smile

eww, eww, eww...

i installed it, it went fine, the installer looked nice. i made the config.php file, all went well. i goto index.php and threw up.....

heres some screenies of what I saw

http://gary13579.info/img

IE is okay, but i hate using it. firefox is just wrong...

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

what version of firefox are you using? I use v.1 and I have no problems at all.

v 1.0
res is 1024x768 high color (16bit) 43 hertz (interlaced)

Indocron

gary, clear you cache, cookies, etc...

ahmm, that fixed it....
sort of suprised it did that.

Indocron

Rickard wrote:

Kaboon: Try removing all .php scripts in the cache-directory. PunBB will then regenerate them. Tell me if that helps.

I'm afraid not. Still getting a "Notice: Undefined index: o_default_user_group in /var/www/html/forums/login.php on line 71" warning and I'm still being sent to the register page again. I'll see if I can track that one down later this day.

some test forums if anyone wants to try 1.2 beta - http://66.98.138.31/~connorhd/pun1.2beta/ fell free to login using the users given and mess about with the settings smile

Kaboon wrote:
Rickard wrote:

Kaboon: Try removing all .php scripts in the cache-directory. PunBB will then regenerate them. Tell me if that helps.

I'm afraid not. Still getting a "Notice: Undefined index: o_default_user_group in /var/www/html/forums/login.php on line 71" warning and I'm still being sent to the register page again. I'll see if I can track that one down later this day.

Have a look in the config table in the database. Make sure it contains a row called o_default_user_group.

Rickard wrote:

Are you sure? When you move a topic, you are redirected to the forum to which you moved it. Is that confusing you perhaps?

yeah it could be

Rickard wrote:
Kaboon wrote:
Rickard wrote:

Have a look in the config table in the database. Make sure it contains a row called o_default_user_group.

Was missing indeed. Added (o_default_user_group, 4) now it's working flawlessly.

Now onto the real question. Why it was missing :)

Because it's not in the upgrade (I did 1.1.5 -> 1.2) script? Can't find anything about o_default_user_group in the source. smile

74 (edited by sverrir 2004-12-01 14:35)

I get this error

Notice: Undefined index: p_force_guest_email in /home/.badjun/svg/tf-egd.net/new/spjall/admin_permissions.php on line 116
Notice: Undefined index: p_force_guest_email in /home/.badjun/svg/tf-egd.net/new/spjall/admin_permissions.php on line 116

I still have this input in my config table >  p_force_guest_email 1

I have to say that Paul did a superb job on the CSS side and I'm also very happy with the changes in 1.2 big_smile Good job Rickard

Kaboon wrote:

Because it's not in the upgrade (I did 1.1.5 -> 1.2) script? Can't find anything about o_default_user_group in the source. :)

You're absolutely right :) I must have forgotten it.

sverrir wrote:

I get this error

I still have this input in my config table >  p_force_guest_email 1

Have you tried emptying your cache folder?