Re: PunBB 1.2 Beta

Yes, and it didn't fix it then but it worked now.
Must have been a S.U.M. on my behalf big_smile

Did you perhaps upgrade from a previous 1.2 release? That would explain the existance of old cache files.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

78 (edited by Madoor 2004-12-01 23:23)

Found something that really annoys me! I want to integrate my site with the forum, or the other way around, and that worked fine with 1.1.5! In 1.2 you have set borders on all tables etc which makes things very hard for anyone with a homepage built up on tables. If you keep the borders the design of the whole homepage is corrupt, but if you set the borders to 0 the forums looks weird. Anything you want to fix or is it a minor "bug"? I would find it useful if you named the tables etc instead of just setting borders on every table on the homepage.

Guilty wink

I didn't know that you minored in mind reading...
but then again my mistakes are sometimes... big_smile

80 (edited by ShawnBrown 2004-12-02 09:31)

Madoor wrote:

...I would find it useful if you named the tables etc instead of just setting borders on every table on the homepage.

It shouldn't be hard to correct for this without changes to any of Pun's .php files. You can just add a few lines to the template to get around the problem--putting the forum inside a <span class="punbbcontent"> or <div class="punbbcontent"> tag.

Then in the CSS, you could define ".punbbcontent table { }" instead of just "table{ }".

I'd hate to see the entire forum nested in a single div-tag in the release version's PHP output... it would prevent administrators from customizing/tweaking the position of the separate elements (menu, login status, footer, etc.).

Latest Open Source project: [img=Templar PHP]http://code.google.com/p/templarphp/logo?logo_id=1251758459[/img]

TemplarPHP - A cascading template framework for PHP.

Actually I haven't set borders on tables, the border in on a wrapping div. The cell borders are set on the TD and TH tags.

If you look at the template you will find that the there is a wrapper div with the class .punwrap. All you have to do is use .punwrap TD, .punwrap TH. Thats what the wrapper is there for.

Alternatively, I bet your sites tables don't use THEAD and TBODY. You can just change Punbb's stylesheet to THEAD TH, TBODY TD and that should do the trick.

Alternatively again. All PunBB's tables are inside containers with the class .blocktable. Just use blocktable TH, .blocktable TD.

A word of general warning, to use these stylesheets properly people are going to have to get confortable with using descendant selectors rather than relying on things all having their own class.

For those who have not noticed, admin has it's own template. The idea is that admin can always run on a page on it's own. I can't think of a good reason why anybody would need to integrate the admin interface into their site design, who is going to see it.

Paul: you haven't set any borders, but you have set table {width:100%} and some padding on TD TH...

I have been able to solve some of my problems, but it still looks bad without any padding on TD TH (had to set it to 0). Well, I'll think I can solve that as well!

Great work Paul (have said it to Rickard, but not to I bevlive)

THEAD TH, TBODY TD {padding: whatever}
.blocktable TH, .blocktable TD {PADDING: whatever}

Table width 100% should not cause you any problems. Again it's just
.blocktable TABLE {WIDTH: 100%}

Keep posting any problems you have integrating it though. You may come up with one that doesn't have an easy fix.

ShawnBrown wrote:

I'd hate to see the entire forum nested in a single div-tag in the release version's PHP output... it would prevent administrators from customizing/tweaking the position of the separate elements (menu, login status, footer, etc.).

It does have a wrapping div (actually 2 though I'm going to change that) which is in the template. The wrapping div should not be removed, it has an id which changes according to which page is loaded and that id is used. Why would a wrapping div cause problems with moving elements around?. Everything can be moved around inside the wrapper.

BTW: You couldn't make the wrapper a span as you suggested. You can't nest block level elements inside an inline element.

Oh crap... now comes the fun job of porting all my "mods" to 1.2... big_smile

Digital photography news, reviews, discussions and more!
http://www.shuttertalk.com

The online bible for all
http://www.publicbible.com

Paul wrote:

It does have a wrapping div (actually 2 though I'm going to change that) which is in the template...

Ah, I was only concerned if the wrapping div was to be generated from within the PHP code instead of from the template. Having it in the template negates all my concern.

Paul wrote:

BTW: You couldn't make the wrapper a span as you suggested. You can't nest block level elements inside an inline element.

Quite right... forgot about that.

Latest Open Source project: [img=Templar PHP]http://code.google.com/p/templarphp/logo?logo_id=1251758459[/img]

i found a bug, when you have activated the censor words and there is no censured word, you can not see the messages

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

Paul wrote:

THEAD TH, TBODY TD {padding: whatever}
.blocktable TH, .blocktable TD {PADDING: whatever}

Table width 100% should not cause you any problems. Again it's just
.blocktable TABLE {WIDTH: 100%}

Keep posting any problems you have integrating it though. You may come up with one that doesn't have an easy fix.

actuallt, its just TABLE {WIDTH: 100%}: base.css line 132
in oxygen.css line 117 you can find: TD, TH {BORDER-WIDTH: 1px 1px 0px 0px} which is also causing me problems. I have solved it now though with a little help from ShawnBrown.

Azakur4 wrote:

i found a bug, when you have activated the censor words and there is no censured word, you can not see the messages

You're right. I'll have a look at it tonight.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hi! I updated database to 1.2b, maintenance mode was on, and now I can't login. I tried to execute turn_off_maintenance.php script, but I doesn't work, so I changed by hand to value '0' on o_maintenance, and I still can't access to forums? Any possible reasons? Thanks.
http://www.aditel.org/~royo/forum/

Ok, It was config cache, sorry...
Can I submit language pack for 1.2?

Madoor. What I posted was the solution to the table problem not what was already in the stylesheet. Shawnbrown solution meant adding an extra wrapper div which wasn' needed.

Nice the Hebrew translation almos ready.

Yours, Benny.

I don't understand very well what you are talking about style. Please, can you take a look and explain me what do I have to do in order to remove this border, so it looks like the rest of the site?
Thanks!

simkin: Try commenting out line 135 of Oxygen.css which reads
BODY {MARGIN: 12px 20px}

I got a problem, or its a bug. The user list is not updated. i have users that registered before the update and after. Only those who registered before the upgrade shows on the user list.

Thanks paul, solved the css little problem.

Another: I can't create new users too! arg...

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to create user.

:?

simkin wrote:

Thanks paul, solved the css little problem.

Another: I can't create new users too! arg...

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to create user.

:?

"Have a look in the config table in the database. Make sure it contains a row called o_default_user_group. "

it should have the value 4.

I hade the same problem.... thats why user didnt show up on the user list.

Paul wrote:

...Shawnbrown solution meant adding an extra wrapper div which wasn' needed.

Sorry about that. I was speaking theoretically about using a wrapper. (My host charges me extra for additional MySQL databases so I haven't installed 1.2b or looked at the output.)

myran-san wrote:

"Have a look in the config table in the database. Make sure it contains a row called o_default_user_group. "
it should have the value 4.
I hade the same problem.... thats why user didnt show up on the user list.

:-/ Yeah, that table was missing... thank you!
But still can't register new users, same error.
Using: Linux - php 4.3.6 -  MySQL 3.23.49