Re: PunBB 1.2 Beta

simkin wrote:
myran-san wrote:

"Have a look in the config table in the database. Make sure it contains a row called o_default_user_group. "
it should have the value 4.
I hade the same problem.... thats why user didnt show up on the user list.

:-/ Yeah, that table was missing... thank you!
But still can't register new users, same error.
Using: Linux - php 4.3.6 -  MySQL 3.23.49

Clear you cache-folder and did you give it the defult value?

The world is made of murderers dreams

simkin wrote:

:-/ Yeah, that table was missing... thank you!
But still can't register new users, same error.
Using: Linux - php 4.3.6 -  MySQL 3.23.49

Make sure the value of o_default_user_group is 4 in the database. Also, clear your config cache.

Edit: Hehe, you beat me to it myran-san :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

maybe punbb should reload the cache from the database when it encounters certain errors?

104 (edited by simkin 2004-12-02 18:54)

myran-san wrote:

Clear you cache-folder and did you give it the defult value?

Yes I put the default value. It was because of cache, again you are right! Thank you a lot! T_T (...i was scaried...)
Edit: thank you all, you answered almost the same time... he, he..

The errors related to the cache so far have occured because I missed them in the upgrade script or because people have upgraded from a previous dev version. I'll wait and see.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yeh i suppose in theory in the full release none of these things should happen...

Exactly :)

108 (edited by Locke 2004-12-02 21:57)

Hello, I tried the beta out. When I was about to install it couldn't create the database. I had to do that manually, but after that it had no problem with the tables. Not a big problem and it might have been caused by some mistake of my own.
Versions: MySQL 4.0.18 and PHP: 4.3.6 the user was root so it shouldn't have been the permission-settings.

When I tried to use the email-test in profile it spat me a couple of these lines before saying that the email was sent correctly.

Undefined variable: server_response in /yadda/yadda/punbetatest/include/email.php on line 90

The email arrived corrcetly after a while.

The PunBB installer does not create the database for you. Users very seldom have permissions to do that anyway. You're not running your forums as root are you? :)

Regarding email.php. I'll fix it. Thanks.

110 (edited by Locke 2004-12-02 23:33)

No, I am not running my forums as root. In fact I am not running my forums on a beta release at all. smile

Anyways, I think the install-script says that it will create the database, maybe that should be rephrased.

Edit: Yes: "If it doesn't exists, PunBB will attempt to create it."

Ah, my mistake. That information only applies to SQLite. I guess I should reprase it.

What are the current chances of the database format changing from 1.2 Beta and no update-script for 1.2Beta to 1.2Final existing?

Just curious.

What are the changes from what to what? There are, so far, no database changes between the beta and what will become final.

I mean how likely it will be, that the databse format changes and there's no update script from 1.2Beta to 1.2 Final.

It's quite unlikely. If there are database changes, I can give you instructions on how to upgrade manually.

Great... I'll try it on my play box.

Hi all,

I'm very interested in the latest development directions of punbb (the semantically correct markup for xhtml) and I'm going to use it as the forum for my site. Is there an eta on the official release of 1.2? thanks.

different: It all depends on how many bugs and problems are discovered in the beta. So far, only minor problems have surfaced. If no show-stoppers appear, I would say within a week or two.

don't know if this was asked before but will all the original skins be included also instead of just the oxygen one?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

The ones with a pale background will be. If somebody puts a gun to my head then the dark background ones will be as well.

i need download de punbb 1.2 beta sad and the link not found.

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

its on the first post.

The requested URL /download/in_development/punbb-1.2-beta.zip was not found on this server.

sad:(

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

Read this:  http://punbb.org/viewtopic.php?id=5220

and see the announcement at the top of the forum

While Rickard gets the hosting sorted out, the beta can be found at: http://hcgtv.net/files/