Re: PunBB 1.2 Beta

thanks hcgtv

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

another small suggestion:

line 64 in header.php
changed from
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style/<?php echo $pun_user['style'].'.css' ?>" />
to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo PUN_ROOT; ?>style/<?php echo $pun_user['style'].'.css' ?>" />
and the same for line 68
so that if header.php is called from another folder the styles still work, assuming this doesn;t cause other problems

It will work in most situations. One situation it won't work in is if the local directory structure doesn't match the website directory.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

hmm i dunno then, it would just be useful for style to work when using header.php outside of the punbb folder.

Hi,
The download links are returning a 404 error (for both in development and beta versions of PunBB 1.2) ...

They work for me. Maybe the DNS move hasn't come through full force yet.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ok, i will wait one more day, and try again.  Thanks !

You shouldn't have to wait a full day. What download links are you referring to? The beta download link in the first post of this topic?

Great product and the I really like the update beta so far.

I do have one style issue (Opera 7,54)

The form selects on the Search Page and the User List page are all scrunched together. Perhaps they are taking their locations from the labels. This seems to be an Opera only problem.

Keep up the good work.

135 (edited by Paul 2004-12-05 00:37)

zodiki wrote:

Great product and the I really like the update beta so far.

I do have one style issue (Opera 7,54)

The form selects on the Search Page and the User List page are all scrunched together. Perhaps they are taking their locations from the labels. This seems to be an Opera only problem.

Keep up the good work.

It is an opera problem. In fact if you resize you browser slightly everything slips into position. I am working on a fix.

EDIT

Fixed

Rickard wrote:

You shouldn't have to wait a full day. What download links are you referring to? The beta download link in the first post of this topic?

Yes, i was reffering to the beta link in the first post.  But it works for me now, i have just downloaded it.
Thank you, Rickard!

I think i found a bug: in the profile page where you can change your signature (personality), the page is displayed with a huuuuge vertical size in Safari (1.2.3 v125.9).  In Firefox for the Mac, it shows ok.  Maybe the bug is in Safari, but as the CSS has a "bug fix" section, i though i should report it.

How to setup with sqlite? What's username/password and host? Do I have to create one sqlite db beforehand?

joshua: You can leave host, username and password empty. PunBB will attempt to create the database file for you, but if it doesn't have permissions, you'll have to create it first.

anatman wrote:

I think i found a bug: in the profile page where you can change your signature (personality), the page is displayed with a huuuuge vertical size in Safari (1.2.3 v125.9).  In Firefox for the Mac, it shows ok.  Maybe the bug is in Safari, but as the CSS has a "bug fix" section, i though i should report it.

Thanks. Browsercam here I come.

Rickard wrote:

joshua: You can leave host, username and password empty. PunBB will attempt to create the database file for you, but if it doesn't have permissions, you'll have to create it first.

Thank you Rickard. smile I figured it out after I made that post. (Just need to read the instruction in the installation page carefully.)

joshua: could you let us know how it goes with sqlite?

i got a working sqlite installation on my local server seems to work fine

hcgtv wrote:

joshua: could you let us know how it goes with sqlite?

It was fast and stable. I hope punbb has a time counter similar to textpattern so that we can compare the performance of mysql and sqlite in real applications.

Now i'm think migrating my existing punbb mysql installation to sqlite. Is there such a thing to do the converting?

145 (edited by Connorhd 2004-12-06 17:31)

joshua wrote:

It was fast and stable. I hope punbb has a time counter similar to textpattern so that we can compare the performance of mysql and sqlite in real applications.

turn on debug mode (not recommended for real sites only for testing

i get 0.028 - 0.040 for both mysql and sqlite (9 queries each)

joshua wrote:

I hope punbb has a time counter similar to textpattern so that we can compare the performance of mysql and sqlite in real applications.

In /include/common.php:
// Enable debugging by removing // from the following line
// define('PUN_DEBUG', 1);

As usual when it comes to benchmarks. Don't benchmark an empty forum. Really, anything below 50000 posts, 20000 topics and 5000 users is uninteresting. The problem is getting your hands on suitable database dumps :)

my forum had 1 topic 1 user and 2 posts i guess that means it uninteresting

Connorhd wrote:

my forum had 1 topic 1 user and 2 posts i guess that means it uninteresting

Does the 2 posts include PunBB's welcome message

150 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-12-08 04:32)

some times i get this error in opera, and it only happens some times....like if i hit refresh wile im viewing the page, it will do this.
and i get a similar erro in the user list page.

http://www.justgizzmo.com/FILES/images/pun_search_error.PNG