Topic: back up the site/forums

i hear(from a very trustworthy person) there are some hack attacks happening to sites/forums so back em up.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Re: back up the site/forums

more info would be appreciated....

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Yes its good idea, by the way if somonepost the possible ways to secure the forum, it will be a nice idea. (not only backing up also how to run a safe site).

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

too late Dr.Jeckyl too late sad

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

mi wrote:

more info would be appreciated....

i'm at work now and have very little time to investigate the threats but i trust him very much since comp/net security and tech support is his business. i'll see what i can dig up.

@Zaher: sorry to hear. sad

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Are you speaking of PunBB forums or just sites and forums in general?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

if your talking about sites in general then theres always threats... my first site with a domain name (back when i used postnuke sad) got hacked by anti-war people from vietnam... it was a site about a online army game and they though we were talking about war :S

8 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2004-12-07 17:20)

Rickard wrote:

Are you speaking of PunBB forums or just sites and forums in general?

forums and sites in general.
i guess the threat is higher for some reason. my friend hasn't been online or at his phone so i haven't talked to him lately to get any specifics. when i do i'll be sure to post it here.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Ok, phew! :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

nevermind... it's snitz forum based.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more