Topic: is there this in board

or am i missin soemthing...
how do u backup ur board incase of a crash...... or this isnt on board yet???

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

we cant all have what we want but with a little help from friends we can sure as hell try lol

Re: is there this in board

There is no built-in backup system in PunBB (and there probably won't be). You can use any other backup tool for that purpose. If you have e.g. phpMyAdmin, you can backup the database from there.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by snapple 2004-12-20 11:30)

ok ty ... seems a nice little program to do a zip or a tar of the DB would be nice for none mysql users.. but thank u board seems good so far.. been all over for a nice board... this one to me in top 2 .. ty

just tried the backup of DB per phpadmin.. seems to work nice.. keeping it a txt file makes it simple for me.. less issues .... pushin to 1 1/2 lol

we cant all have what we want but with a little help from friends we can sure as hell try lol

Yes, this feature would be awsome, but Rickard doesnt seem to want to add it..

If you wait till 1.2, Connorhd has made a DB Management plugin, which lets you run queries and back up the entire database

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

5 (edited by snapple 2004-12-21 18:43)

well i did the text back up... i think a text backup would be tons better then the bin file..reasons behide this
filetransfers.
people new to these boards and or ftping . wont make sure it is in binary when they do the transfer...if not dont rite the backup is no good. i found this out with many other boards.. text doesnt really care how it is transfered on the ftp or web browser. or atleast i think it is that way i may very well be wrong..... and the phpadmin is a nice little program to use...

to new users i would say beat the heck out o the board and phpadmin .. then learn the programs.. this way u know and all is working.. and ur good to go.. i have beat up a few boards. and so far this one has takin what i tosed at it..

there would be a few things i would liek to see so far..

fast login would be nice.. meening the login window be on the main page not a link...
avatar folder to give board choices for avatars... and users profiel pic would be nice...  so one can post a pic of whatever in there own profile...

so far so good

fast login is not really needed since once your logged in you never need to again (usually) and whats the difference between an avatar and a profile pic?

In 1.2 i'm making a plugin with txt and zipped backup and restore for punbb big_smile

7 (edited by snapple 2004-12-23 04:03)

if u goto ur own profile... u have no place to put a picture of something else . besides a avatar.. a profile picture of of ur own. if u goto ikonboard u well see what iam talkin bout....the way it would work is .. on ur own profile there would be a place to upload a picture. and it would display on ur profile only..also how would i display a grafix in the main index on the topics next to then ... or next to the fourms...and for fast login.. that isnt good to be left loged in if u goto a net cafe or something and then leave and ur still loged in .. this is why a fast login meening dont have to click the login link to goto another page... to lessen the load on the cpu and bandwidth some sites chrage for bandwidth.. maybe a bit over baord. but had it as a mod on anothe rboard and was very nice...