Topic: Login errors

Hi, I am a new user to punBB and really like it so far. I am the admin of my forum and am having some login troubles. I click Login, enter my username and pw, then it says Logged in successfully and redirects, and suddenly I am not logged in. I have my browser set up to accept cookies, but when I check them there are no cookies for my site. I have Norton Personal Firewall but I have disabled it temporarily. I really don't know what the problem is or if there is a solution.

Re: Login errors

Is your forum in a frame?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by KramarDanIkabu 2004-12-25 00:39)

no

EDIT::

I've checked it on another computer and I get the same result, so I'm guessing it's something with the cookies. I'm going to check my host to see if its a problem with that, otherwise it has to be punBB.

A link to your forums would help.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by KramarDanIkabu 2004-12-25 23:09)

http://forum.sometimesdark.net

EDIT::

Well, I reinstalled the board and all, and I was able to log in. Once. After I restarted my browser, it once again went back to not working.

It works fine for me. Could it be that you are perhaps visiting the forums though a different URL (e.g. http://localhost/) than your visitors?

firefox: works beautifully

ie: works, but its IE, so dont like it..

i dont know what it could be, except something going horribly wrong with the cookies

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

I often encounter problems with "colliding" cookies when i develop. I might have one forum under forums.punbb.org, one under blaha.punbb.org and one under punbb.org/blaha. Unless the cookie settings are tweaked accordingly in config.php, this will lead to problems. So, try removing all your cookies and trying again.