Topic: Re-order posting top to bottom

Can anyone tell me how to set-up my forum so that postings are displayed newest to oldest, rather then oldest to newest? I can't seem to find the option in the admin options area.

Re: Re-order posting top to bottom

I'm using 1.2 but it should be the same for 1.1.5:

You have to edit the forum, then look for 'Sort topics by:'

3 (edited by jweger 2004-12-28 20:57)

I can't seem to fine this option "sort topic". I am using 1.1.5. Any detailed directions as to where to find this option in this version or some sort of work around??

open up viewtopic.php
find

$result = $db->query('SELECT u.email, u.title, u.url, u.location, u.use_avatar, u.signature, u.email_setting, u.num_posts, u.status, u.registered, u.admin_note, p.id, p.poster, p.poster_id, p.poster_ip, p.poster_email, p.message, p.smilies, p.posted, p.edited, p.edited_by FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'users AS u ON u.id=p.poster_id WHERE p.topic_id='.$id.' ORDER BY p.id LIMIT '.$start_from.','.$disp_posts) or error('Unable to fetch post info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

(line 218)

replace with

$result = $db->query('SELECT u.email, u.title, u.url, u.location, u.use_avatar, u.signature, u.email_setting, u.num_posts, u.status, u.registered, u.admin_note, p.id, p.poster, p.poster_id, p.poster_ip, p.poster_email, p.message, p.smilies, p.posted, p.edited, p.edited_by FROM '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'users AS u ON u.id=p.poster_id WHERE p.topic_id='.$id.' ORDER BY p.id DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.','.$disp_posts) or error('Unable to fetch post info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

thats it big_smile

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Thanks ....I assumed this change but thought there may have been a solution within the admin. But much appreciated.

no, there isnt any that im aware of. i think it would confuse people, as all other (big) forums do the same as punbb

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);