Topic: Password field is a simple input form

Hi,

In admin_options.php, *please* put a input type="password" for  the smtp password. This is really annoying in that the password can be the same as the ftp password, and I don't necessarily want every forum administrator to get ftp access.

Re: Password field is a simple input form

Yes, I can understand him doing it for others, but why dont you just open up admin_options.php and change it yourself?

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

3 (edited by Yann 2004-12-29 09:52)

Because every change I make in punbb core code is a change I'll have to remake every time I upgrade the forum. And you forget very fast one or two tweaks, believe me tongue
And, of course, this should not be really hard to fix.. if this is not done un 1.2 I would do it myself, but, well :]

Not that easy. Just changing to type="password" won't do any good. The password would then still be readable in the markup. The proper way to do it would be to keep the field empty and change it only if someone fills it out. I'm afraid that will only lead to confusion though.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."