Re: The new website

well it is possible to do the comment number thing, the method that he is using will not display them.  its much faster that way, just like punbb is suppose to be.

if you need to im sure someone will code it to allow for it, but its not something that needs to be done in my opinion, tho for admin purposes's i like to see if theirs new comments on my site and view them, cause i dont often look at the comments.... but then again, if i wanted to i can just load up the forum news thread page and see.

zc923 wrote:

Hate to be the devils advocate, but wasen't this supposed to be released by the end od summer 04?

That was my intention yes, but I guess the lord works in mysterious ways big_smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i just hope its out before tuesday (thats when i got back to college sad)

Neat! Hope 1.2 final will run here.

Really nice! Great work! smile

/IoR_Kongo @swec

Connorhd wrote:

i just hope its out before tuesday (thats when i got back to college sad)

it might be released today for it is sunday! wink

i dunno, i'm not sure what we are waiting for now actually

Connorhd wrote:

i dunno, i'm not sure what we are waiting for now actually

We are wainting for rickard to be ready with 1.2 tongue

yeah, i hope he hurrys up. will it be easy to convert from 1.1.5 to 1.2?

yeh there will be a upgrade script...

I'm so glad to see my smilies put to use! cool

I noticed one very minor "bug" - look at the page selector ... it displays "1 2 3 4 5", but on the 5th page, it displays "1 ... 3 4 5", which doesn't really seem to make sense? replacing a single number with "...", which actually take up more space than the number itself would have ... wink

87 (edited by Fire Fusion 2005-01-02 19:06)

This has probably been reported but http://punbb.org/forums/help.php is pretty unreadable with the cobalt theme.

yes it has been reported and fixed. i reported it and paul fixed it. so when 1.2 gets released it will look proper

Excellent

mindplay wrote:

I noticed one very minor "bug" - look at the page selector ... it displays "1 2 3 4 5", but on the 5th page, it displays "1 ... 3 4 5", which doesn't really seem to make sense? replacing a single number with "...", which actually take up more space than the number itself would have ... wink

yeh i was going to post about this, it looks even stranger with 9 pages as you can get to 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 .. 9 lol

also maybe its its the first or last page it should show 4 to the side instead of 2 e.g. 1 2 3 4 5 .. 9 instead of 1 2 3 .. 9 since theres enough space but thats not really important

mindplay wrote:

Yeah, they're great now that I've gotten used to them smile

mindplay wrote:

Hmm, what the? Chacmool and I fixed that ages ago. I'll have to investigate.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

no don't bother its not worth it wink j/k

Congrats on the new look. I really dig it.

When is 1.2 going to be released ? wink

Meduza wrote:

When is 1.2 going to be released ? wink

Soon big_smile

96 (edited by andor 2005-01-04 05:13)

Why don't you just grab the beta - it's really stable

Edit: in fact, I can't see much wrong with it (the beta) - and i am using 21" monitor at 1152 x 864, so don't talk to me about pixel width differences in CSS (!)

By the way, as soon as I get some extra dough I'm donating to Rickard & co. What about everyone else? This is a major effort.

Yeah, _if_ I ever get extra money I'll donate as well. Excellent forum package. The only problem is that I can't get extra money to afford donating. But if I ever do I will donate. smile

Yes, i run the BETA @ the moment and want the stable version before i starting to make my own pluings and stuff wink

what plugins are you planning to make? i already don't db management and Chacmool did a mass mailer and plugin manager/uploader which is gonna be very cool big_smile

What day is tomorrow wink  /me wants big_smile