Topic: OK ... update failed :(

An error was encountered 
File: /home/www/rbn/forum/11_to_12_update.php
Line: 69

PunBB reported: Version mismatch. This script updates version 1.1 and 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 to version 1.2. The database 'phpmyagenda' doesn't seem to be running a supported version.

When I tape http://www.sortons.net/forum/

An error was encountered 
Error: Unable to update user visit data.

I have put punBB 1.2 in a new directory ... but it want to install it ... and if I do it, I suppose my database will be erased ...

What have I to do ?!

Re: OK ... update failed :(

Same here. sad Fresh install is no problem any longer. Any clue? Thx!

what version were y'all trying to upgrade from?

1.1.5 >> 1.2

Richard wrote:

what version were y'all trying to upgrade from?

Since the first error is gone (not sure why), I got following:

PunBB Update
This script will update your current PunBB 1.1.5 forum database to PunBB 1.2. The update procedure might take anything from a second to a few minutes depending on the speed of the server and the size of the forum database. Don't forget to make a backup of the database before continuing.
Did you read the update instructions in the documentation? If not, start there.
Start upgrade

After pressing "Start upgrade"

An error was encountered
File: /xxx/forum2/11_to_12_update.php
 Line: 166
 PunBB reported: Unable to alter DB structure. 
Database reported: Can't DROP 'fpg_search_results_ident_idx'. Check that column/key exists (Errno: 1091)

By miracle ? (god exists for me ?) the forum works .. but it's clear : the update tool has a problem, I think.

Time for me to change a lot of things in CSS (beurk % in font)

I will investigate. For now, you can just comment out that row in the update script.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I would like to talk to one of you guys on IRC regarding this problem. Can you pop into #punbb on Quakenet?

BTW, there's a user called "Richard" above. We're not the same person. I just saw one of his posts and though. Hmm, did I really write that? Then I realized it was a different user smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

I would like to talk to one of you guys on IRC regarding this problem. Can you pop into #punbb on Quakenet?

Can't join you on IRC since I only have internet access over a restricted proxy. Tried to convince the other users of the concerned forum to give you access to the db, but they don't allow that.

Tried several scenarios so far:

fresh 1.1.5 = no problems
fresh 1.2 = no problems
convert 1.1.5 (~2mb uncompressed) = failed (see above)
convert 1.1.5 (fresh/empty) = failed (see above)

Are there any similarities with my 1.2-dev problem (http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5181)?

Rod wrote:
An error was encountered 

I got the same error when I tried to make an update on my local machine as a test run. In my config.php I had the wrong database and prefix because I tried PunBB 1.2 Beta some days ago. After I changed to the old 1.5 database and prefix the error was gone. Perhaps it was your database-connection too?

Carsten wrote:
Rod wrote:
An error was encountered 

I got the same error when I tried to make an update on my local machine as a test run. In my config.php I had the wrong database and prefix because I tried PunBB 1.2 Beta some days ago. After I changed to the old 1.5 database and prefix the error was gone. Perhaps it was your database-connection too?

In my case the problem was/is a flaw at my provider's system. I only can update/backup/restore the db by the providers web-interface. If the action I choose is finised, I receive an e-mail. The content is like: no error or error. I got a no error but the db wasn't properly restored.

I'm lost. What?

An error was encountered 
File: /xxx/forum/11_to_12_update.php

In my case the db was not proper installed. No PunBB problem. Sorry!

An error was encountered
File: /xxx/forum2/11_to_12_update.php
 Line: 166
 PunBB reported: Unable to alter DB structure. 
Database reported: Can't DROP 'fpg_search_results_ident_idx'. Check that column/key exists (Errno: 1091)

Still present. Look's like the same as http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5645